Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have been reading the debate over HSS and Rev-X. I know they are used for stiction. How exactly do i know if i have stiction. My 96 PSD lopes like hell on cold mornings and chugs when it starts. Is that some kind of stiction? Also, when i decide which addative to use how much do i need? Thanks,
Jeff

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
u need 2 doses of Rev-X or 1 bottle of HSS

HSS has a money back guarantee I have used both but just as PM not to cure stiction

I had 2 injectors replaced under warranty before I could get My HSS in the mai.l

stiction is always worse on cold start ups and to me feels like your transmission is shuddering but it's just the injector ,, it could be 1 or all 8.

not sure about the 7.3 loping vs stiction ? but it can't hurt to try specially the HSS with the guarantee IMHO.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Well it lopes when cold and when i put my chip in it lopes in all settings except high idle. The guy i bought it from said it sounds like an oil issue and to try an oil additive so im trying to figure out which to use.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya its cold as hell now in central NY so im runnin synthetic now and i plan on keeping synthetic at least until the end of winter if not forever. Thanks for the help though. which is cheaper?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I think they are close to the same$ after you include shipping but HSS has more product

now after the initial DBL dose of REV-X you only need 1 bottle
and HSS u use 1/2 a bottle or 1 qt per oil change if u decide to run any at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts