Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best at building e4od transmissions around the greater cincinati area? IE northern IN KY TN and all of ohio. I would like to be set up for around 450 to 500 HP. THANKS!

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
We have had alot of good luck with Buckeye trans here in hillsboro, ohio but im sure there is some more to be named

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the sound of that. Thats real close.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stay away from Laube's Transmission Shop in Findlay, Ohio. Other than that Im not sure.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what not to do is just as good as what to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
They rebuilt 4 trannys for me in under 20,000 milles when I was only running intake, exhaust and tuning. Their warrenty's were good thoughLOL

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA. Yeah ill prolly stay away from them... Thanks. If you ever plan on making it down south for some pulls let me know! Its good to get to know some ford guys in OHIO. I get lonely down here. haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
HAHA. Yeah ill prolly stay away from them... Thanks. If you ever plan on making it down south for some pulls let me know! Its good to get to know some ford guys in OHIO. I get lonely down here. haha
Will do. I hope to pull alot more this year, might get around the state more as long as I dont have major breakage. Let me know when local pulls arond you are and the classes and rules:rockon:

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:popcorn:

·
Registered
391 Posts
here is a number to a shop in lancaster 740-503-2281 nate at unlimited sent me to him.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea i pull it and it has an auto in it.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What all did you have done to yours? Im thinking a valve body and Converter is pretty much all ill need for stage twos adn a turbo.

·
Registered
391 Posts
when i bought my truck it had a rebuilt tranny with a transgo shift kit and an upgraded torque converter. I blew my tranny out in three weeks. Givin i pulled it probably 5 times.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if I go valve body, tugger kit, and upgraded Coverter I think that should work well. IDK im gonna call some of these shops and talk to them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea that would be a good idea. Ive talked to a few shops and these trannies pretty much need all the good internals to hold power. Such as steel planetaries and upgraded clutches plus some other things.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well my tranny is still fine now with what I have... Weird. And A guy I know ran stage twos with a similar setup and only had a different valve body.

·
Registered
391 Posts
yea then it might work out for you. Thats just what happened to mine but i have pulled it many times before i got the injectors so i could have been on its way out already.

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
I have built quite a few, but i am not intrested in touching a puller/drag trans unless its my personal, Just too many things to go wrong, For customers that are getting into that i just have BTS's shipped to me and i install them,

Travis

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have built quite a few, but i am not intrested in touching a puller/drag trans unless its my personal, Just too many things to go wrong, For customers that are getting into that i just have BTS's shipped to me and i install them,

Travis
What do you usually quote those jobs at?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts