Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasnt gonna do a STC fitting just yet, but we decided to do it yesterday. got all the way in yesterday and was pulling the cover off the HPOP and it kept getting in a bind with the EGR and the shield on the backwall. we had all the screws out except the two under the EGR, they were lose but still in the cover. when we got the cover out they screws went flying. (pump still in) we found one of the screws lying right in front of us, couldnt find the second one. we've looked for around 6 hours and still cant find anything. we've had magnets down inside the crank all the way down to the oil pan looked down behind the starter, on top of transmission, everywhere. sat the oil pump back on and its would be a slim chance it would fall in there anyways, but there's always that gut feeling..what "if". i would think a magnet should find it, but it hasn't. then again it could be lying somewhere on the frame or something. went and bought a camera today, still no luck. what to do..what to do.. :doh: i got a new screw at Ford today, but that still doesnt solve my initial problems. any experinces or thoughts on this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not yet, was going to today if i had too. i figured that magnet would find it oil or not.

·
Registered
700 Posts
disreguard that not gonna help ya any. theres like a bridge that runs across might be able to catch it with a mirror right by cam gear possible your bolt is sitting there.

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
NEED to FIND THE BOLT.. I usually use a rubber band to hold the back 2 bolts while snaking out the cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts