Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Wow, for the first time I kind of would love a new truck. But, no payment is the way I will stay for many more years, if not forever.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
First use of a compacted graphite iron (CGI) engine block in a Super Duty-class vehicle in North America; stronger than cast iron, Ford has successfully used CGI in engine blocks in products around the world. The block structure was optimized for reduced weight and maximum strength to meet the demands of higher torque and horsepower.
:ford::redspotdance::bow:

·
Built without your taxes
290 Posts
still not big on the mexico built thang at all sorry im staying International built :D But I wanna see what the aftermarket does to it :evil

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
nice numbers for sure... should be interesting to see a "big 3" challenge, line up. I'm waiting for that!

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well who has the the best-in-class torque number then?

Ford does, I just forgot to get that part on the copy/paste. It's all in that link. ;)

According to a Ford service tech, their official parts catalog has the engine listed as the 400hp 6.7 Powerstroke, so I'm sure that HP number will go up once these launch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm dissapointed with the towing numbers for the SRW trucks. The GCVWR of the DRW trucks increased from 23500 to 29000 pounds, a whopping 5500 pound increase in towing that blows away Chevy's 27500 pound rating, but when you look at the SRW trucks they only increased a measly 500 pounds, from 23000 to 23500. Looks like Chevy caught Ford off-guard with their new SRW models which can now tow almost 2000 pounds more than the Ford. I'm a die hard Ford fan and I really hope they answer back by increasing the rating of the SRW trucks to 26000 pounds, this would be exactly what I need to pull my 40' toy hauler.

·
Registered
171 Posts
dodge and chevy both know that this engine that ford has is gonna be very tough to beat. I don't think either company have the resources or means right now to build a motor that is going to match this new 6.7

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
so did ford actually make it or is it like the old dumptrucks? i think it was a german company stamped ford, correct me if im wrong...just a thought
This is an all newly designed engine done in house by Ford.

Someone needs to test drive one to a dyno.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:wsh: I think this will be impressive. Does anyone know if the numbers will be the same for a manual trans, or at that are they still offering a manual?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts