Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Bet it be a doozy year with the crazy weather we been having.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hope its not. But since we didnt have none last year to say look out about i think we might be having a wild ride this year. But i hope not

·
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?
115 Posts
Heard something like 11 predicted to hit the East.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
They're just trying to justify their paychecks. They said it was gonna be a busy season last year too. I could make just a good a prediction by throwing a dart at some numbers. Not to mention they always change their "predictions" as they get further into the season.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm ready for one to roll through. Cat 2 would help out business.

·
Registered
360 Posts
A spring storm blew in yesterday bringing a 81mph wind yesterday near my place.....does that count? I think 75mph+ qualifies....

107 mph in Washoe Valley south of Reno. 125mph at the top of Mount Rose at the ski resort.

Spring storm hits hard | NevadaAppeal.com

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Talk to me in July and we'll see what's up.

We are actually having a meeting in a couple of weeks regarding outside support for this season. Direct hit would definitely make some busy times! 1999 was the last bad hit here.

Honestly, my biggest concern is how we are going to board up these 6ft tall windows we have all over the house.

·
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?
115 Posts
Talk to me in July and we'll see what's up.

We are actually having a meeting in a couple of weeks regarding outside support for this season. Direct hit would definitely make some busy times! 1999 was the last bad hit here.

Honestly, my biggest concern is how we are going to board up these 6ft tall windows we have all over the house.
That tends to make you to not want big windows and vaulted ceelings :doh: Last one that hit us (which was more of a wind storm with rain) sent a branch in my bedroom :mad: I guess its a good thing we just moved the bed away from the window.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
That's the nice thing about being here in Jacksonville, the last direct hit by a Cat 2 or bigger was back in the 60's.

Not really sure why but, it seems we're in a little bit of a 'sweet spot.'

JAX Hurricanes (click here)
What do hurricanes mean for Jacksonville, Florida? Due to its unique geographic location on the Florida peninsula, Jacksonville is actually the least hurricane-prone coastal city in the state, an assertion confirmed by examining the geography of the area and the historical occurrences of hurricanes dating back to the late 1800’s.

Unique Geography

A map of the eastern United States shows that the eastern coastline of
Florida from Miami to Jacksonville tracks in a northwesterly direction.
Then to the north, the coastlines of Georgia, South Carolina and North
Carolina turn back to the northeast. This indentation of the continent is
what helps to “protect” Jacksonville from hurricanes as they travel the
Gulfstream up the east coast of the United States.
Hope I didn't just jinx it. :doh:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
You poor bastads on the coast I am soo glad I do not have to deal with that mess anymore. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
i really dont care how many there are. Im just worried on how big a couple of them might get. Dont feel like swimming in the house again lol.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Getting closer.

Its so dry here right now I wouldn't mind a Tropical Storm

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
I'll second the prediction of a doozy of a season. We had a cold azz winter (way, way out of the norm) and last month was really hot in the Carribean. Way out of the normal hot and humid for them. I think the wild fluctuations we've been seeing and the extremely unusual weather patterns add up to a bad hurricane season. Just hope they stay away from the west coast of FL.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I didnt know you were from JAX florida..LOL
Not "from."

Moved here in Sept 2005.

Just in time to park my fiver (that I lived in for 18 months) and get an apartment the week before hurricane Jean. :eek:

1 - 20 of 278 Posts