Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard when the F-150 Diesel will be released? It seems like a great idea but have not heard anything on a date

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Think they scrapped the idea for now when the economy crapped.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i dont think they even had a concept like gm did

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
I did hear something a while ago. something like they were going to make a V6 version of the power stroke and but it in the F150s but i havent heard anything else about it. they are probably waiting to see how their new motor goes!

·
Registered
842 Posts
there are some v6 diesels in box trucks and such running around 2009-2010 models

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
there was something about it in a diesel magazine one time, i think they scrapped the idea as well.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
:whs: Diesel power mag had a write up on both half ton diesels i think they #### canned the idea after the economy went to hell.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Or more likely when diesel became more expensive than gasoline. We (the U.S.) as a whole still think of diesel as those big ugly stinky slow vehicles. And we (the performance diesel community), are not doing our part to help out that image, we are starting to, but there are still to many people that think it is really cool to leave a big black stinky clound behind them whenever they step on the throttle.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
:whs:!!!!!
Stop making smoke programs! Someone is going to smoke out an EPA person in their Toyota Hybrid and we are going to get even stricter emissions standards thrown at us. LOL :D

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,124 Posts
When I worked at Ford I had an F150 diesel that I was working on. It was the 4.5L V6, which was 3/4 of a 6.0L. It was scrapped because International (who was responsible for the engine) could not make it meet light duty emissions standards and make enough power to get out of it's own way. We were seeing 0-60 times over 20 seconds.

That same engine is in the Ford LCF medium duty along with it's International twin. With a GVWR rating over 14,000 pounds it has to meet a MUCH easier emissions target.

·
Administrator
8,555 Posts
the 4.5 V6 diesel powered F150 plan was scrapped back in 04 when it was determined that there was not enough market to produce then, annd the cost would be too expensive due to the added polution controls that were needed to meet EPA bullscap regulations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts