Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I went out idly looking at new cars. Not wanting to ditch the Super Duty but you gotta maintain a feel...

What I wanna know is this: Is Mel Gibson the only guy buying cars these days? On all of them the top sill was so low I couldn't even get in them.

Even the new, bigger Taurus. I couldn't begin to get into that clown car.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
i am 6'3' and have the same problem all though i do fit in the new mustangs they have alot more room than the old ones.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I get irritated with cars because in the 80s these cars could get 50 mpg. Now the same thing gets 30. See the new honda CRX/CRZ. Makes me sick to think of the waste.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Its all the stupid emmisions shat they put on cars.

There are not very many ppl that go to get good gas mileage cars then mod them. Intake exhaust tune, egr delete on the new honda and I bet it would get 50mpg.

TDI driven right will get 50-60

·
Registered
480 Posts
go look at VW i have a 2006 jetta as well and i have lots of room in the thing. the seat lifts and lowers and goes back far enough that it actually makes it a stretch for me to reach the wheel. Ours is a diesel with some performance mods and this thing will give any performance car a run for it... if i turn the chip up i roast the tires off the darn thing without really trying... only thing i need now is a boost fooler so i quit putting it into limp mode when im hot footing it... but if your looking for a car with lots of room and compfort vw is the way to go not sure what the 2011 are like it looks like they changed them again.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I don't seem to have a problem at 6 foot. Dave, are you sure you had the seats adjusted all the way down? half the time I test drive something, I have to move the seat six inches down so I can see past the visor, but once I do this, it's fine.

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried that, secondary.

Even in a Super Duty - one of the roomiest vehicles on the road - I automatically move the seats as far down and as far back as I can.

Midget-mobiles!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm 6'2 270lbs should seen me getting in my friends new eclipse.With the passenger seat all the way back my knees where still in the dash felt like if i farted I'd blow every window out of the car.If you need a big car look for a crown vic if you want one cheap police auction get a unmarked one.

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A CVPI would be the basis of a good project.

CVPI with the Ecoboost engine and a six-speed stick.

Oh! To be Bill Gates!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts