Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have problems with their factory calipers? My 6.4 has 27,225 miles and I've replaced 3 of 4 calipers. Two developed leaks at the piston and on one the piston cracked and the outer ring / last 1/4" disappeared. Anyone else?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i have 100k on my '09 and they are all working perfectly so far.
(knock on wood..)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Ford calipers just suck. I usually install new calipers on most brake jobs they last about as long as the pads. I really think it is just corrosion issue. Seems like they last about 1 or 2 Indiana winters before they really rust up. I don't think they put enough corrosion protection on from the factory. My brother lived in fl he was home for Christmas. I did his truck could not believe @ like 160k they still moved and worked like new. but then again his truck is older and still has rust free cab corners, door seams, rockers ect... My truck is a rusted out turd holes big enough to put my hand in.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Dads had his 6.0 for 3 years 25,000 miles and has replaced 3 of the rear calipers

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to replace both fronts on my 10' at 30k, pistons where cracked.....I got 2 at auto zone ..they appear to be rebuilt fords. at least they come with a lifetime warranty.
The pistons literally crumble like they're made out of chalk, leaving the brass or whatever alloy ring at it's face to pull off where any rivets on the back of the pad catch it.

It's always a pain in the browneye to get those rivets over that brass ring of the delicate piston without damaging it as well.

Isn't it great tho that we can go to fast food garbage stores like Auto Zone and Advance and get lifetime warranties.... Try that at Ford who sells ONLY Ford.

These are great days we're livin bros! Jolly Green Giants...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts