Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 6 disc OEM Ford receiver in my 05’ F250 has some issues, and needs to be replaced. I’ve looked around a little bit, and there are tons of options out there. Everything from sub-$100 touch screen receivers on Amazon, to $500+ models. Any suggestions for something that won’t break the bank, but is still good quality? Something Android based with Bluetooth that could run the Torque PRO app and display all of my PID’s on the screen would be awesome….is that even an option? A USP memory stick input would be great...I really don't listen to many CD's. Sound quality is important.....

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check out something along the lines of a Pumpkin. It runs Android 8.0 and will allow you to setup a bluetooth adaptor and torquepro. You can get them cheaper then the one i have linked but i wouldnt go with an older version if its something you intend on keeping and using for a monitor.

PUMPKIN Android 8.0 Car Stereo Double Din Android Auto Octa Core 32GB+ 4GB with GPS and WiFi, Support Fastboot, Backup Camera, 128GB USB SD, MirrorLink, Aux, 7 inch Touch Screen

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will check that out! How's the sound quality with those? I'm more concerned about the sound (it is a car stereo after all) than all of the other multi-media stuff it can do.....although having my torque pro app PID's displayed on it would be awesome!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The sound from it will be better than you had from your factory headunit for sure but will largely depend on if you upgrade your factory speakers. With good speakers I honeslty cant tell a difference between these and the higher end units. They dont sound like the 30 dollar DUAL type garbage for sure. The good thing anout Amazon is if its not what you expected put it in the box and back it goes.
Thanks! I will check that out! How's the sound quality with those? I'm more concerned about the sound (it is a car stereo after all) than all of the other multi-media stuff it can do.....although having my torque pro app PID's displayed on it would be awesome!

Thanks again!
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts