Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the odometer in a '04 f250 be reprogramed to my new tires[315's]?
I had my truck serviced today and the lady told me they would have to connect it to their computer to see if it could adjust that much from stock. Of course that is $100 so I really don't want to pay the fee and end up where I started! :(
I would like to be able to accurately calc mpg. I also read on PSN somewhere that the odometer being off messes with other electronic functions, anyone know if thats true?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes ford can reprogram up to a 35" tire. The parameter is in the ABS module. The only other way to program it is to buy/use autoenginuity. ( software for troubleshooting/data logging/advanced diagonstics, about 350 bucks). SCT claims on the newer trucks it can reprogram the speedo, but I dont think it will on the pre 05 models. I actually never got it to work on my 07. I ended up buying the auto enginuity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought my truck it already had a Banks six gun. It does not have guages or a screen so no way to reprogram other than changing from one position on the selection switch to the next. Other models or other companies do have options to reprogram tires size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes the the GEM modual will only go from 600-700 tire revolutions per mile. How ever with the Rotunda Ford's OEM scaner one can change the # of teeth on the tone wheel to efectively correct speedometer readings.

I have 38 inch tires and reprogramed the GEM modual for 600 revs per mile and 113 teeth on the tone ring speedometer is dead on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts