Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford psd and the odometer quit working and my speedo also quits from time to time just didnt worry about it till today I was trying to calculate my milage and I watched it for about 5 mils and nothing ? what give is it the sender on the rear end ? or the instrament cluster and how do i fix it ?

Thanks in advance for any response.
steve-0

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Don't know if this carries over from OBS to SD, but if you have keyless entry, check to see if it works. my RKE module burnt out, and was on the same fuse as the speedo/odo.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thats weird why did this get moved ??? figured this would be a "technical" problem ? yeah it does have the keyless entry .
any other ideas were to check . tomarrow im going to replace the speed sensor on the axel.

steve-0

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Most likely its the speed sensor on the diff. Happened to our 2000 also.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we will find out tonight if indeed it is the speed sensor on the axel

steve-0

·
PSN Veteren
178 Posts
Do you even use the Speed-o???:poke:

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhhh not really but it helps for when your smoking trucks like yours LOL :poke::eek: j/k

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Any word?

I would imagine its the speed sensor. Mine won't show speed or track mileage every once in a while so I'll have to turn off the truck and restart it and then everything reads.

·
PSN Veteren
178 Posts
Hey, Didn't you sell the real truck???LOLLOL

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im waiting on god to give me a sighn to finish what I started on my cc truck.:evil

as for the sensor havnt got to it yet too many toys in the way of the lift. :doh:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Must be nice to have a lift! :doh:

LOL

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
i bet its the sensor on the axle. my 06 does it when my diff temp. gets high. and its happened to my buddy. 30 bux for a new one. if the sensor is bad it will throw a abs light

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
any luck?

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no sill havnt gotten around to it waiting to heal the wound i got doc said DO NOT GET IT DIRTY and he meant it LOL

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
no sill havnt gotten around to it waiting to heal the wound i got doc said DO NOT GET IT DIRTY and he meant it LOL
u know there is a cure for severe wounds like that....its called axle grease. or rotella 15-40

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well replaced the sensor and gear oil and added LSD additive and nothing ?? being a 6speed does it have one on the tranny,, I never thought to look.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You sure its not the wires going to the sensor on the rear axle? I have mine taped up in a special way to keep it running.

·
Coming For You
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I checked the wires and traced them all the way up to the engine bay no breaks or ware??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts