Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Odometer dashes

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Greenmonkee88 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I just found and joined power stroke nation today.
I have a 2006 f350 6.0 lariat the odometer has all dashes -----------
I was hauling a load of cattle and the truck just shut down under power , now it will not even turn over adores anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

#4 ·
May sound silly, but turn your head lights on for 5 seconds or so.

The battery saver circuit in the Instrument Cluster can cause a no-crank. It contains a voltage regulator and a capacitor, and a pcb style relay used to time the delay. If the battery saver circuit is bad, it can cause a loss of electricity (lights, horn, ignition, dash, fuel pump, starter, etc).

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?

Do you have a PATS system?

Next step would be to see if you have connection between a scan tool and the PCM at the DLC (Data Link Connector or OBDII plug). If so, pull codes.

A scan tool that is very thorough at pulling codes is ForScan Lite app that you download to a smartphone or laptop.

If you are going to use a smartphone, you will need an ELM327 OBDII adapter (WiFi for iOS and BlueTooth for Android). I like the BAFX brand. There are many clones out there that don't work very well.

#6 ·
Have you checked all your fuses in both the BJB and CJB and ALL ground connections on the Truck (chassis and battery)?

Also how did you program the PCM if you are having communication issues via he OBD port?

Do you have power at pin 16 of the DLC?

#9 ·
Ok I've been really busy last few days haven't gotten to work on the truck .
The code reader is (Code hammer obd2) also says napa professional 1500 series, seams to be made by Innova.
So now when I plug the code reader in turn on the ignition in about 15 seconds it says (error)
I assume it's not connecting
I also have a SCT X4 tuner that does not connect either
I do not know if the fuel pump is coming on or not maybe you can let me know how I can tell.
I'll check the pins on the obd2 plug and let you know what I find
Thank everyone for their help this is driving me nuts

#14 ·
IMO you have an electrical short that is keeping the PCM from giving the "OK" to start.

Usually that electrical short is in the fan clutch, the EBP sensor, or the EGR valve (or the wiring harness).

try starting with those three disconnected (and doublecheck fuse F2.22 - this is fuse #22 in the junction box below the dash).

#16 ·
I just had those dashes in my odometer today. It is cold and snowing here and I went to start it and killed the batteries. I don't know if I left the plow controller or something on that discharged the batteries, first time that has happened to it.

Anyway I had to boost it off my F150 and I saw the dashes and could not change the display. But once it started and got some charge it all went back to normal.

But I must have a bad connection in the dash because sometimes my gauges go out but if I hit the dash they come back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.