Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started hearing an odd sound coming from under the dash. It sounds like an ink jet printer but its very quiet. I can reach down and push up on something under the dash and it will stop making the sound for awhile. Where I push up is on the passengers side at the top edge of the hump in the floor. Anyone know what this could be? I am pretty sure it is something to do with the air controls but everything seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is your blend door actuator. It is an extensive and expensive fix. Do a search on here and you will find various posts about it.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Think i got the same thing. It sounds like it is coming right around the middle of the dash top by the heater vent??

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
How much is it to get this fixed roughly?? Expensive if i take it in to ford? I am off warrenty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How much is it to get this fixed roughly?? Expensive if i take it in to ford? I am off warrenty.
I have seen posts on here of around $800. They have to completely remove the dash.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
have the same sounding noise but mines coming from right by my cd changer area.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got it to Ford a few days ago. Took them about 4 hours to diagnose and replace the parts. It was the blend door at the bottom of the dash. The service manager told me that our trucks have three of these type of blend doors in the dash. He said lucky for me it was the easier of the three to get to. I think it was actually lucky for him... if the others go out after my warranty I will be the one replacing them. My warranty is up in 5,000 miles so I am glad I caught this one in time.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
there are three.

one is right by your right foot. thats the easy one. took me all of a hour to diagnose, and replace. if this is the one they replaced, and it took them 4 hours, you need to find a new shop.

the other two, you need to pull some serious stuff, and go in through the glove box, blind, around a corner, with one hand, or completely remove the dash.

i just had these two start clicking on me, so ill probably start them soon. the clicking is getting annoying.

the actuators are only like $16 a piece, and all three are the same.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I have to get mine fixed to it is annoying!!!! So it is not a easy thing getting the ones through the glove box?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
im hoping to be able to answer that question better, next week, as i hope to tackle this this weekend.

but from all the people i have talked to about the ones behind the glove box, they rank a 9 or 10 on the pita scale.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there are three.

one is right by your right foot. thats the easy one. took me all of a hour to diagnose, and replace. if this is the one they replaced, and it took them 4 hours, you need to find a new shop.

the other two, you need to pull some serious stuff, and go in through the glove box, blind, around a corner, with one hand, or completely remove the dash.

i just had these two start clicking on me, so ill probably start them soon. the clicking is getting annoying.

the actuators are only like $16 a piece, and all three are the same.
It was on the passenger side toward the bottom. I dont know the exact locations of them all. I say 4 hours because that was how long they had it. I am sure it didnt take them that long. Good luck with yours and keep us posted.... as I am sure that I will be replacing others later on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts