Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a strange issue. It has been doing it on and off for months now and seems to be getting more consistent. And only seems to do it after it's warm and sitting for a short amount of time. Like shutting it off then running into the store and jumping back in it.

The issue is when I put it in drive you can feel it go into gear and try to move but feels like you are against a curb. If I tap the throttle it will jump/clunk into gear and be fine. Only does it the one time after a warm start. Always goes into reverse fine and shifts normal when driving. When I loaded a new tune it seemed to fix it for a couple weeks but came back.

Anybody had similar problems? I'm thinking a sticking solenoid but not sure which ones do what and when.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
This is a new one on me. I don't know what would cause that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got around to checking line pressure. It was a cheapy gauge so not sure on accuracy.

At idle they were

Park 45-50psi
R. 75
N. 45-50
D. 70
3. 75
2. 75
1. 75

At stall it would only go up to about 150psi
Going down the road it would get up to 220psi when on it. I have a tow tune loaded in it now.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
Reverse idle pressure is a little low, everything else is fine. Stall pressures are WAY low. Try a new line pressure solenoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reverse idle pressure is a little low, everything else is fine. Stall pressures are WAY low. Try a new line pressure solenoid.
I ordered the line pressure and a stock direct solenoid for it. I found other threads about people having similar problems after putting in a modified direct solenoid which I put in mine years ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after reading many posts of people having a similar problem after installing a gogo modified direct solenoid I remembered that I put one in 6 or so years ago. So I ended up changing the direct and line pressure solenoids with OEM ford ones and it took care of the problem. It's been 1000+ miles since I fixed it and still good. Truck goes into gear instantly now. I always had a second or so delay even on a good day. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts