Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys im looking for a diagram for my obs 7.3l wire harness mainly just the motor harness and glow plug harnes. hoping it will tell me exactly which color wire is to what without tearing all of the zip loom off any help would be appriciated

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
If you plan to keep the truck and work on it yourself, buy an Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM). It will have all the electrical diagrams, connector and component locations, connector pinouts, etc. It will be the best money you'll spend on the truck (trust me).

"1994 Bronco/Light Truck/Super Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual"
"1995 F-Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual"
"1996 F-Series/Super Duty Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual"
"1997 F-Ser/Super Duty Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual"

Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking into it thanks, cause that motor is a night mare even with doing so much vehicle electrical work at work and having a problem all ready with the glow plug harness and replacing it once its still throwing me through a loop with out unwraping all of the harness

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Used to be able to find them all on a CD on ebay cheap. Ford service manual, EVTM and the smog manual for a single year for less than $10.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
It does help to have all the manuals.

I think I have all of them and each and every one has come in handy...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
You should still be able to find them on ebay (CD versions), but there's nothing like having a paper one to flip through especially when having to look at multiple sections. I have 95 and 96 factory manuals on CDs and the 94 and 97 in paper. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Mind if I ask what all of the manuals are?
I think I have them all.

Powertrain & Drivetrain
Body, Chasis
Preliminary Specification Book
Specidication Book
Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual
Technical Service Bulliten Index

The rest of the books are the owner's manual and AIC manuals.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
To be complete it looks like you also need the Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis (PCED) manual set (Multiple volumes). It also is on the CD with the others too (I only have 95 and 96 versions of these and they're on CD). :D
Cheers!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
To be complete it looks like you also need the Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis (PCED) manual set (Multiple volumes). It also is on the CD with the others too (I only have 95 and 96 versions of these and they're on CD). :D
Cheers!
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, I have never had a need for it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The best wiring diagram I've come across (for my '96, at least) is FCS-12135-96 published by Ford Technical Publications Department, Ford Customer Service Division. It's printed on 17 x 24 paper so it's easy to read. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts