Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry to reserrect an old thread but I think this is a good one. I have a 94.5 7.3 PSD that will not start and in my diagonoising found 3 bad glow plugs. Naturally there are two on the right bank and one on the left. This thread makes me want to upgrade to the super duty vcg with the single plug in.

Have many of you done this upgrade- any problems?

I guess it depends whether or not I find any burned wiring/ connections when I get in there. If I have to RxR the vcg and the internal harness, I'll probably upgrade. It would be cheaper to RxR with the OEM- with dual plugins. Have to start checking

I was able to see your pics, 410 customs- very nice job you've done (and James?) much cleaner loom than I have to look at. Thanks for the updated pdf. - handy to have a piece of paper in front of me doing this kind of thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
exactly!! I found the superduty UVCH has superior connections for the glow plug power wires PLUS the superduty parts can be had for cheaper then the OBS parts
^^^^^^ this- plus the fact I am unsure of how hold the present ones are. Since I ohmed out the Injectors and GP's and that checked out good I will probably leave well enough alone unless I find sign of heat damages under the VC then I'll have to make the decission--

:mad: Update on diagonistic's- HPOP pressure was zip- nadah not even a needle flicker :surprise: (measured at the ICP port on the oil rail, and/ but there was oil in the passage). If the IPR valve ( new from DOR) is not doing its thing could that cause a no oil pressure issue? Maybe a bad wire in the harness?? Or is this "0" oil pressure a bad pump thing and only that. I hope not.

I found your post Patrick on an old thread with the pdf on the pinout for the 42 pin connector- Thanks for posting that. We are supposed to get rain tommorrow afternoon but I think I'll have enough time to pull the engine top harness out so your pdf's will be very helpful. Boy I am so hoping I find a bad wire/ or two. Is there anything special about removing the harness??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I checked that Sbluke55 and it was @ 1/4 down from the threads.

Wow- I just realized I'm on the wrong thread and the last part of my last post doesn't apply here- Sorry. That reply was to a thread I had started so I'll copy/paste it to that thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts