Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
If you would like to see his pictures send a PM to 410customs, he is still a active member here and might be able to get back to you before you start.

But it is a fairly straight forward upgrade as long as you pay attention to what wire goes where and get good connections through the soldier joint.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I still don't see pictures, must be a thing that those that use phones can see.

Here is what I get using a laptop.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
On the pictures issue, since they went to the "cloud" the picture hosting site needs to have the "https" instead of the old "http" Without the s at the end the pictures will not post for anyone.

The sad thing is that a lot of members have gone to just posting thumbnails which usually can't be seen too well even using a desktop. PhotoBucket used to be a good site to host your pictures on but unless you are paying $$$$$ you can not like the photos on another site. But there are some other hosting sites out there that work, I just haven't investigated them yet.

Reactions: HilhavenFarm

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Since 410 is hosting the pictures on his own server I am guessing that he does not have the security certificate that is now required on the site here and without it the pictures will not show up.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
My factory ones on my 96 are still good after 23 years.

Why go to the trouble of putting the 99+ ones on if another set of OBS ones will last another 23 years quite possibly outliving the truck.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
My computer security blocked the download on my computer but I accepted the risk and it downloaded.

What browser are you using? You might want to check where your downloads are stored.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I'd stay.stay away from those connectors with the solder in the middle they are junk and will create bad solder joints.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Automotive heat shrink is good over a good solder joint.

Stagger the splices so that you don't have a huge bulge in the center of where you splice everything. Also before everything is sealed up I'd test the wires from the IDM connector to the end of the plug for the gasket to make sure that nothing is mixed up.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Checking the continuity of each wire going to the injectors. There have been some on here that have done what you are doing and end up switching a couple of the wires. They then spend hours trying to figure out just what it was that they did. Splicing the wires one at a time helps but a lot just cut off the old plug and then splice on the new one. Wire colors fade over the years and some may be questionable.

Here is a test that will tell you what wire goes where from the IDM plug.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts