Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you tired of your lousy riding and stopping trucks?

Two options for you:

1. Convert your suspension to SD springs front and rear..best riding OBS you can get, better than any stock SD. 4-12" kits available We developed this mod 8-9 years ago and hundreds of OBS owners across the country are very Happy with the results.

2. Convert your suspension, axles, wheels etc to '05 up SD :D fantastic braking, great turn radius and when lifted using 4 link radius arms the best riding ford Truck you can get....IMO. 2-8" kits..higher possible. We developed this swap and as many of you know this is going to become a very popular mod!

We can get you the parts required for a DYI and provide phone support or do installs at our shop.

Performance mods available from TS based custom tuned chips to 500HP engine mods.

We are a BTS dealer so you won't have to worry about your trans!

I specialize in performance and suspension mods.

If you would like help, additional info or prices please email me with your needs, info on your truck and zip.

I am a Dealer for: Garret, Hypermax H2e and H2e modded turbos!, Casserly- Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Rize, RCD, Full Traction, Pure Performance suspension, Bilstein, RS-SD kits for OBS trucks, BTS Trans, STak transfer cases, Deaver spring, Tony Wildman chips, Stealth HPOP's, Tymar products and a Hella dealer among many others.
Custom SCT tunes by Cale at BTS!
Isspro guages and pods!

If I can help you with your truck please let me know.

I also carry: Iron Bull bumpers,Proto Fab and custom bumpers

Thanks, Cary

·
Registered
331 Posts
price for 4" SD conversion for 96 f250????

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Cary, need to get a shipped price on my 05 SD Swap suspension parts...

Need front coils (2.5" RCD kit), B-codes for the rear, 4" block for the rear, Bilstein shocks, drop pitman arm, and conversion u-joint, shipped to 15717.

Think I need an adj. track bar for that as well? or will I be okay for now.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes a adj track bar is needed along with a frame bracket. You also need a mounting bracket for the front swaybar and drop links. Welding is required

Longer custom SS brake lines are needed also.

Rear B codes and Block best to get used locally..junk yards or springs new at the dealer..no reason to pay additional shipping. You don't need a drop Pitman. I'll get you a PM.

Thanks, Cary

·
Registered
132 Posts
What about an '05 suspension and parts to go on a '00?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99-04 SD..lots of options, you can do hanger lifts up to 4.5" and when using correctly valved Bilsteins will ride better than stock. Additional height in 2" increments starting with X codes and Icon springs.

You can also upgrade your 99-04 front suspension using a Full Traction conversion to 4 links and front Coilovers Available in 4.5" ,6.0" and 8.0" lift heights. Very expensive and IMO not worth it.

You can upgrade the axles and front suspension to '05 up SD..very easy upgrade and lift kits are readily available. Better braking and a much better turn radius..IMO to have a much better ride quality the factory radius arms should go into the scrap pile where they belong.4 link upgrades are reasonable and worth it.

We have all doesn't matter if its a OBS, Excursion or '99-10 SD we can improve the ride quality.

Cary

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If one were to look in the salvage yards, will any '05 Super Duty truck chassis work for the swap?
Like does it matter if it's 250, 350, gas or diesel?

Are there certain rear SD springs better than others for ride? I found a guy here parting out his 6.0 SD and I might grab his rears if they are worth it.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B codes from '99-04 ride better than F codes from '05-07
Any '05 up will work..I'm assuming the axles for a gas motor are the same..never checked..its gas.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
How can I tell if this truck has the B code springs? Just by the year? If it's '03 or '04 the rears are good then?
Anything in the vin or door sticker?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Door sticker will list it also they will have the top spacer and overload leaf..sometimes listed a S codes.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3C34-5A975-C do they have the top spacer overload? Ford engineers changed codes and parts #'s all the time but spring rating didn't change much....6830lbs F250/F350SRW w/ aux spring

·
New to Diesels
26 Posts
I have a 97' F350 with a stock front and rear suspension. I am looking to level out the front end and improve ride quality. How much for a RSK and V-code springs shipped to 53188?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Cary,
I'll have to find out about the overload. The top spacer and overload you are referring to is like the OBS F-350, where there's a small block on top of the main pack then the overloads?

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Got the SD springs and D60 sitting in the garage. Whats the cost of the RSK kit for both front and rear? Whats my options on RSK sizes? Price for different sizes would be great! Starting the swap in probably a month or so. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You don't do a shackle flip on the rear just get B code SD springs depending on lift required we have different options.

Cary

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
I use my rig for towing/DD and want to retain the factory ride hight and level the front end. What would you recommend? My wife always comments on the rough ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts