Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So just a little update for everyone. been gathering parts to complete the d60 swap. still missing the ubolt plate (I know they are a PITA to find, if someone has one id gladly buy it) but other than that I think I have everything I need. still need to get a gearset for the rear, gonna be ditching the 3.55s that are in it. Gonna get the bed pulled off soon to start building hitch, fuel cell mount and nitrous bottle mount. also gonna rip the interior out soon and start the floor pan repairs and get my seats in. haven't touched it since labor day weekend but about to get very busy on it!

Reactions: Lt.Dan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Does anyone know if a u bolt plate from a superduty d60 will work on an obs d60? also, will my ttb d50 hubs work on a king ping d60? The 60 I picked up is from a drw, and id like to swap my hubs and rotors over if I could to save some $$$

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
hubs should be same I know its the same Mile marker kit for dana 50 and 60 OBS and superduty......
I dont think the U bolt plates will work because the OBS has a different track bar setup and the mount is part of the plates

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
hubs should be same I know its the same Mile marker kit for dana 50 and 60 OBS and superduty......
I dont think the U bolt plates will work because the OBS has a different track bar setup and the mount is part of the plates
I think hes talking about the driver side cast u bolt plate, kind of hard to find, and rather expensive.

I dont think they are the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
yes talking the driver side plate that is very elusive these days haha also I'm talking about the whole hub/wheelbearing/rotor assembly not just the lockout assembly. trying to convert this drw d60 to srw with my d50 ttb hubs if I could

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
iirc the front axles are all the same in drw and srw applications, the drw has an added hub/wheel adapter. Just take that off and it should work in your srw truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
iirc the front axles are all the same in drw and srw applications, the drw has an added hub/wheel adapter. Just take that off and it should work in your srw truck

That may be the case with the balljoint axles, but this king pin adapter is different. if you remove it you wouldn't be left with any lug studs. the adapter is bolted from the wheel mounting surface inwards toward the hub.

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
Well I don’t think I know then. Some pics may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
the hub adapter that is on my d60 looks just like this one

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/oYgAAOSwT6pVu7YY/$_35.JPG

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
:shrug:

I think someone else makes a replacement for the stock plate if you want the u bolts in the stock direction. Say... couldn't you make him one?
I tried to make on for my axle (99-04), but it was too much work, and I just bought one on ebay for $75. Mine would've costed $200+ easily.

Now that i have the 3d scanner it might be a little easier, but still expensive.

·
Registered
693 Posts
So just a little update for everyone. been gathering parts to complete the d60 swap. still missing the ubolt plate (I know they are a PITA to find, if someone has one id gladly buy it) but other than that I think I have everything I need. still need to get a gearset for the rear, gonna be ditching the 3.55s that are in it. Gonna get the bed pulled off soon to start building hitch, fuel cell mount and nitrous bottle mount. also gonna rip the interior out soon and start the floor pan repairs and get my seats in. haven't touched it since labor day weekend but about to get very busy on it!
This the one you are talking about?
https://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/7034447771.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

yessir that is the one I'm looking for. I'm thinking of making one (industrial machinist/mechanic by trade) and incorporating my front traction bar mount into it and the other side. kill two birds with one stone. but to be completely honest ill probably end up using that axle in my gas puling truck (1970 fseries) and keeping the ttb in this truck as originally planned >:) but that remains to be seen. I have a couple other projects that need completed in the shop before before I can get this one back in to start on it for next season. I'm glad people are still in on this thread, I promise its not dying out just put on pause! Stick with me and we will continue this journey together!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Glad to see that everyone migrated to the new forum! hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year. time to get back to work on this thing. ordering driveshaft parts very soon, then gonna start on the hitch. things have been crazy lately but time to get back to some normality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Aight folks have some updates for you. Everything has been super crazy with the pandemic and what not, but I have been gathering parts. I picked up some arp headstuds, comp 910 springs and shims, smith brothers pushrods, trxus sts tires, bart 15x12 wheels, a companion flange and yokes for the driveshaft, and all of the steel to build a new weight box and hitch.

I have decide to put the DRW kingpin d60 under the front with the dually hubs still on. my goal is to have the entire tire outside of the fender, with the rear still be tucked to establish a complete separate track from front to rear. I still need the drivers side lower u bolt plate. if anyone has one they would be willing to sell I would gladly buy it!

we are still working at my company during this crisis, but in the event we suddenly stop I will use the time to finish (if that's ever really possible lol) this build. pictures and progress are coming very soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Aight folks have some updates for you. Everything has been super crazy with the pandemic and what not, but I have been gathering parts. I picked up some arp headstuds, comp 910 springs and shims, smith brothers pushrods, trxus sts tires, bart 15x12 wheels, a companion flange and yokes for the driveshaft, and all of the steel to build a new weight box and hitch.

I have decide to put the DRW kingpin d60 under the front with the dually hubs still on. my goal is to have the entire tire outside of the fender, with the rear still be tucked to establish a complete separate track from front to rear. I still need the drivers side lower u bolt plate. if anyone has one they would be willing to sell I would gladly buy it!

we are still working at my company during this crisis, but in the event we suddenly stop I will use the time to finish (if that's ever really possible lol) this build. pictures and progress are coming very soon!
those damn 910 springs... they were the reason I had to pull my engine... :mad:

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
those damn 910 springs... they were the reason I had to pull my engine... :mad:
Please explain, those 910 springs have been very commonly used throughout the 7.3 world! I'm interested in hearing why they ruined your engine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Please explain, those 910 springs have been very commonly used throughout the 7.3 world! I'm interested in hearing why they ruined your engine.
cuz they lead to me finding out 4 and 5 intake valves were RUINED
this lead to me pulling the head, finding the cylinders needed to be sleaved
then lead to me sleaving all 8 cylinders
then lead to me putting Carrillo rods in
that lead to new de-lipped/coated pistons
that lead to...
all because of the springs, if I had never got them, I woulda have saved millions... er… thousands...

:p

81 - 100 of 121 Posts