Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the new style Sky RSK with V codes on the truck for about 2 years now. I have always had bump steer but now I am ready to fix it. I have done everything to try and correct it. Tried every combination of track bar drops and pitman arm drops and nothing. Replaced ball joints and tie rods and still the same. Installed an adjustable track bar and borgeson steering shaft and still the same. Finally installed a new steering box and still drives the same. So I was looking at my dads 2001 SD and the track bar is much longer than mine and his drives great. So I was thinking maybe making the SD track bar fit the obs. I was always told to have the track bar length match the drag link as much as possible and have it be as close to parallel to the drag link. Cary told me I will always have some bump steer with an RSK but I want to correct it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
drag link and trac bar should be the same length and angle to reduce bump steer as much as possible

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, has anyone tried to fab up some brackets to accommodate a longer track bar? I am working on one right now to use in conjunction with a stock SD frame bracket and axle bracket. I don't know how anyone can live with any bump steer. The RSK rides great, but the steering is dead.

·
Registered
965 Posts
drag link and trac bar should be the same length and angle to reduce bump steer as much as possible
Equal lengths are not possible with the OBS setup. Unless...

So, has anyone tried to fab up some brackets to accommodate a longer track bar? I am working on one right now to use in conjunction with a stock SD frame bracket and axle bracket. I don't know how anyone can live with any bump steer. The RSK rides great, but the steering is dead.
I'm very interested in the fabbed bracket solution!

I don't mind the bump steer near as bad as the "dead" steering.

Do you have tie rod roll? I do, and it is what 'absorbs' the the first degree or two of steering wheel input. Engine started, have someone rock the steering wheel back and forth while you watch the front drag link. Does is roll up and down?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sky manufacturing makes a kit. I like their fit and finish on the rsk I have from them.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Are there any good kits available for this? It seems like it would be an awesome upgrade. Only thing that would suck is different lug patterns...right?

Thank you,

Paul
Precision Metal Fab makes one as well.TOP NOTCH quality and Customer service

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm going to do a little post hijack, sorry.

If someone got an rsk for a obs d60, then decided later to change to sd axel, could the obs d60 rsk be modified easily for the sd axel?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
I'm going to do a little post hijack, sorry.

If someone got an rsk for a obs d60, then decided later to change to sd axel, could the obs d60 rsk be modified easily for the sd axel?
Not really The RSK is a different width for SD axle and the shackles are offset

So you would need different RSK and shackles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts