Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd question, Does anyone know if the rear roof line of the OBS and the New body style is the same or at least close?

I'm looking into fabbing and flushing in the GoRecon stealth style 3rd brake light from a 99-12 Super Duty and rewiring it into my 96 rear third brake light. The look may be similar to the '62 F100- with a twist.

Here's a pic of the light:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I want to say no, but I can get some pics tomorrow for you

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
not even close. i checked it w a tape measure and i just dont see that thing working. pretty sweet though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the dimension too wide or is the angles on the right and left off or both? I wonder how many degrees off.

I don't want to to spend the $250 to buy a new one only to find out it won't work without being completely cut apart and rebuild. I can also look for the same style off the newer Escalades; only thing I've never seen a new Escalade at the pull-apart.

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
the SD cab is wider and has more of an angle.

It might work with some fabbing, but its a $250 gamble

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like my kind of challenge.... I can probably get it to work (and look right) so I may take the gamble; but it will be well after the holidays.

thanks for your help man.

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
SWEET dude if you figure something out, lemme know cuz that would look great on an OBS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts