Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 obs excb lb with 378,000 miles.
And there is a crack/seam below the drivers
and passenger door. Inline with the rear door
line is this a common thing?? if so how should i go about fixing it.

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?? :poke:

·
Native Texan
8,990 Posts
well pictures so we can see what u are talking bout would help.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant figure out how to post pics with my smartphone
any advice ??

Samsung galaxy s3

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't figure out how to post pics from my smartphone.??? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
Download the tapatalk app. Then you can post pics.

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are some pics of the cracks. 20180302_095655.jpg 20180302_095707.jpg 20180302_095734.jpg 20180302_095808.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cummins junkie. yeah its strange because there is hardly any rust on the truck. I have been thinking about cleaning it up and laying a weld on it and welding a reinforcment behind it.

Success is not final failure is not fatal
it is the courage to continue that counts.

Winston Churchill.

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
has any body else had this problem?

Success is not final failure is not fatal#
it is the courage to continue that counts.#

Winston Churchill.

·
Native Texan
8,990 Posts
I have seen many rust ford and not seen that make sure ur cab mounts are good. if one or more is bad could be putting stress on the cab and causing it to do that.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So# @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.🤣 And# @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for. If My internet will stay up for# @heavydoc to see my pics. And @ArmyFord6.0 will still be eatting quinoa wishing it was bacon.🤣 And @Dustybumpers(Aka Trouble maker Charles) can hijack Rainbow Rob's thread.

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay thank's I will check that out.

Success is not final failure is not fatal#
it is the courage to continue that counts.#

Winston Churchill.

·
don't play well w others
3,664 Posts
Agree on cab mounts, also check the mount coming from the frame under the rubber where the bolt goes through.
My 89 rusted those through to where the front clip was flopping around, and the mounts looked good.Tou could actually lift the core support off the frame without unbolting anything

·
Dieseldoctor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I'm going to check all that out this truck has been in montana all its life and has almost no rust on it so I dont think there rusted away. But I will check it out
I am going to replace the cab and front clip bushings and core support. It cracked in two spots so thats probly what caused the cracking on the cab. After I do all that I'm
planning on welding and reinforcing the
cracks. any suggestions on where to get cab mounts from ???

my thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me out.

There is a fire burning inside each one of us And we all know that its better to keep a fire burning then letting it go out and try to restart it. So keep your fire roaring and let it shine bright for all others to see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is only 2 times I have seen this happen before, one was a bent frame, and the second was a hacked together cab on a regular cab turned to super cab. Let's just hope for your sake it's just the body mounts rotted out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts