Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all still new here but I think I've got a good Idea on what I wanna do to my OBS performance wise but wanna get your guys input. Truck is a 95 PSD 5 spd. and I have a 6637 and the 3" DP and a SM flywheel/clutch setup now. Pretty much what I was thinking was the stage 1 Hypermax injectors, 17* pump, intercooler, tunes, gauges, and rebuild turbo. My main concern is if the turbo can keep up with the injectors and I really just want to keep the stock turbo but maybe send it out to get rebuilt and get new wheels? Next would be can the mechanical pump supply enough fuel? and then who's tuning should I go with? I'm just looking to do a mild built DD.

Thanks,
Denver

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
first I would go with one of the tuners here that use a TS style chip. second the stock turbo will hold up but not forever, only real drop in turbo for us obs guys is a d66.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
if your looking real mild then your stock turbo will hold.... if you keep it under or around 30psi and nothing over that. These turbos dont like going over that haha

But your build sounds very decent for mild horsepower. it will be set up perfect to haul anything you want and also be a fun truck to play around in. Just dont expect to see any 450 hp on the dyno hahaha

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
do what I have in my sig, you will be happy . hypermax is over priced .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts