Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bushings on my pedal box are pretty much non existent at this point and in bad need of replacement. I found the ford replacement part number, F3TZ2C342A, but I was wondering if there was an aftermarket bushing kit that would work as I would like to replace the bushings this weekend instead of waiting for the parts to come through the mail. I plan on replacing the stock plastic $2 clutch bushing with a heim joint, but that is something that I can fix at a later date. The flex in the pedal box needs to get fixed now. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Someone else might have a better answer, but from what I measured I couldn't find anything to replace with.

The main shaft diameter is a metric size and the plastic bushings have a waffer-thin wall thickness. I looked at many sites that list bronze, plastic and nylon bushings and nothing had the thin wall measurements.

If your bushings are completely wore out then be sure to check the holes in the pedal box. The holes may be wallowed out from the shaft gridning against it. Also check the shaft for wear from possibly rubbing on the metal box.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that the holes are beat up too much, but I will be sure to check them when I pull the assembly. I guess I will go look for a spare assembly this weekend just in case and to possibly shorten the down time on the truck from changing the bushing out. Do you know if anyone has rebuilt the pedal box using a heim joint or roller bearing setup? I would think that either one of those options would remove any wear issues, but I haven't found anyone who has done that yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to find one in stock and just picked it up. I was hoping to find something along the lines of a brass bushing set that would last a bit longer, but these should work for a while. Now I just hope that the pedal box holes aren't destroyed. :doh:

Now does anyone know if there is a cheap brass bushing that I can put over the clutch linkage rod since the plastic one is now missing? I am going to change to a heim joint when the parts get here and don't want to pay dealer for the plastic bushing as they are rip off artists. :mad:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Just get bulk tubing from the hardware store, 1/2"OD x 7/16"ID, and cut it to fit the eyelet. For whatever reason, our hardware didn't have that size, but they had 1/2"OD x 15/32"ID, and 15/32"ODx7/16"ID, so I bought both, slipped one inside the other, and cut. Then put a 7/16" drill stop collar on the end of the pin to keep it from slipping off the eyelet. That's my permanent solution actually, works fine as long as the eyelet hole is not ovalized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts