Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I recently bought a used modified H2E with the superduty kit. I plan on putting it on my 1995 thats in my signature. Heres pictures of the parts I'm working with.

First question I have is will I need 99+ manifolds? If so where is a good place to get them.
Second question that goes along with the install I plan on putting an intercooler on it. I need some direction with these options.
Option one is to put a 6.0 intercooler on it. The main reason for a 6.0 intercooler is the money savings. I'd have her on the road sooner. Anyone have a 6.0 intercooler installed?
Option two is a wait and save up for an aftermarket intercooler. Downside my truck sits while I save up.
For the exhaust I'm hoping the down pipe in the picture will get me a clear shot down to the frame. From there I will do a custom pipe to the stacks.
What should I expect from the modified H2E 66mm with the 17cm housing? Does it spool up fast? Thanks for any input. Should be a fun project.:ford:

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
I would say go ahead and install the 6oh IC if you have it. You can purchase the IC pretty cheap. Yes you do need the drivers side manifold to put on the turbo. I would just get them from a junkyard. Have you looked at the bellowed up-pipes from BWD? Good luck!

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
I didn't need to change my manifold and mine works fine. The SD downpipe won't work on an OBS, you'll have to find an OBS one or build your own

My 66mm/19cm H2E spooled great with S/175/190's! Its 55+ psi now with stroked AA's with 55 boost/60 Drive

-Michael

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
If you load your pictures on this site you can have them decent sized in a thread. FYI

Tom

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Did you buy that off of ebay? I thought I saw one just like that on there a while back?

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
You will have to measure the boots on the intake Y to see if they are the same size as your intakes. If it was an early99, then more than likely it is the same 2" like the early trucks. If it is a late99-03 truck it came off of then it is 3" and you will need reducer hoses.

·
<---Best intake plenums
449 Posts
I didn't need to change my manifold and mine works fine. The SD downpipe won't work on an OBS, you'll have to find an OBS one or build your own

I used a 4" sd downpipe in my obs. Tight fit but it worked.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm back guys thanks for posting. I uploaded the pictures using a different way. Thanks Tom for pointing that out. I am still trying to figure this site out.

Dieselfever, That's some crazy boost your getting. I'm getting excited thinking about it. I've had the motor at 75+ boost when I had my twins on it. That was nuts. That will put a grin on any mans face. Its a long story why I'm where I'm at now going to single. I'm curious how you measure your drive pressure exactly? Lets see a vacume gauge and a heat proof hose to run from the manifold? What do you use?

FordPowrstroke73, Yes I got it off ebay. I couldn't pass it up, I almost got one from Bean but wasn't ready at the time.

Strokingearly99, I'm thinking the intake y will match. I've got the 3" intakes updated on my motor already. This setup is suppose to be for the 99+. I'm still anxiously waiting for it to come. Should be here next week.

Powertrip, it sounds like you got the sd downpipe to work. Time will tell. I do have the clearance advantage of a 2" body lift. I had to put the body lift in to get my twin turbo setup to fit easier.

Thanks for the posts guys I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit DI's headers on an obs when doing the sd turbo conversion, DI says they dont fit the obs trucks but I never got a set to see what hits.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit DI's headers on an obs when doing the sd turbo conversion, DI says they dont fit the obs trucks but I never got a set to see what hits.
I think David said the drivers side hits the firewall and so do the pass. side.
Headers on a street truck ?????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts