Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When taking my runningboards off the other day I noticed fuel along my frame in front of the front fuel tank. I checked it out today and found it is at a connection point where a brake line sized tube with what looks like a coil spring around it meets what looks similar to a brake line. The leak is fairly small but the connection point and the line toward the rear of the truck is fairly rusted (obviously, after 13 years). The line goes toward the rear tank, loops through a bracket on the rear axle assembly, and then moves forward to a "dead head," where it is capped off. Any input is greatly appreciated, as I have no idea how to go about this or what its purpose is. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Attachments

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Pretty sure it's a brake line. More than likely gonna have to get a new line.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeah i should have known that seeing as it looks just like a brake line but figured it was fuel because the liquid was greenish-yellow. forgot brake fluid is the same color.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Your fuel lines are the lines right below the leak.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah i knew that just figured it was yet another fuel line (for some reason). thanks for your help

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yep brake line for sure. I just replaced that very line when doing my body lift cause the dang socket flew off the impact gun and whacked the line creating a horrible leak. Glad I found it that way instead of driving down the road though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts