Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up PSn!

Alright so I own a 95 f250 7.3 eclb with the twin I beam. I want to lift it 4-6"... I know skyjacker makes the kit for it to be done.
I was wondering If anyone here has done it and if I could get your opinion on some pros and cons with a lift kit like that. All the feedback is greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of my 95dinosaur

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recommend it.

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

What are you trying to accomplish?
Just to get some height really. My previous truck was also a 95 and it had a 6 inch kit. But it was 4x4. The truck looks so much better lifted.. the 2wd I have now is a daily driver/work truck. There wont be any goofing off in the woods with this thing. Just looking for a nice stance with some 35s under it

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
I would recommend doing a SAS before spending money on the I beams.

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
The lift from skyjacker doesn't require longer I beams. It's just drop brackets for the radius arm and axle pivot
I know, I would just hate to put money into an I beam suspension at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
SAS on a 2WD makes even less sense to me than a lift.

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
I was thinking even the mono-beam axles out of the 05+ 450/550s, but if you ever want to convert to 4wd, even at a later date, the axle is already there 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about using later taller wheels and tires? the 95's have 16" rims and the later model fords have 18 and 20"????
Yes. And Nope I'm keeping my stock Alcoa's...but that has nothing to do with my capabilities of running a bigger tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts