Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the obs downpipe options out there? i have a gt38r on a SD pedistal. the turbo has a 4in outlet then necks down to 3in and then back to 4 then to my 5in exhaust. is there anyway to fit a 4in down pipe in there so i can have it just go from 4in to 5in?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
a 4" downpipe will fit with either a body lift or some major firewal modification.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im not putting a body lift on. so i guess if i decide to give it a go.. ill be modding the firewall

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Just think of how far you had to do the FW to begin with, now repeat.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt put this downpipe on it.. it was on the truck when i got it. and theres no way im putting a body lift on.... i guess ill get creative.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It will be a pain, why do you want the 4" dp anyways? 3" is plenty good for up to like 600 horses.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i can have 1 size pipe in the downpipe. instead of coming out of the turbo at 4in then down to 3 then back to 4 then to 5.... id rather have it just 4in out of turbo down to the 4-5 adapter to my 5in exhaust.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I hear ya. Well I'm not sure how much modification is needed and im sure it can be done. So make sure you have a BFH and a BF-crowbar. It's going to be tight.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Be prepared for some siginifigant surgery if you just gotta have that big downpipe. Not a case of just a little bending. There are some pictures floating around the web that might give you an idea.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after talkin with a few of my cummins buddies i think i may have come up with an idea. im gonna play around with it a little and see if i can get it to work...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Your gonna keep it a secret and not even ask us if we think its gonna work?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha. not tryin to sound like an ass.. but dont wanna 1. give it away and 2. get laughed at if it sounds completly retarded to you guys. ill share for sure if i can get it to work.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
you wont get laughed at, thats kinda the point of this site. Last cummins guy i ran into wanted to know where to get a programmer for his 12v so im just sayin thats what we are here to do, help you figure out if it will work. Otherwise postin a thread asking about it is almost worthless. Not tryin to sound like an a$$.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i understand that. and im not that retarded. i know more than the average bear if ya know what im sayin. i just wanna play with the idea a little first.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
its funny how people always say that the powerstrokes last because people wont share info. granted some of the info keeps them in the competion but if you have some kind of idea that may help alot of obs owners run a 4" downpipe then maybe you could share.

hell it was just an idea yet some crazy guy named paul out in texas said he wanted to make 4gauge pillar pods for the obs truck and guess what they are out and alot of obs owners love them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts