Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interested to see how some of you guys have fabbed up custom bumpers for your obs powerstrokes as mine are rotting away :doh: so im looking for ideas and ittl be fun to see what you guys have come up with im sure im not the only one thinking about starting this project soon

·
Registered
269 Posts
subscribed... im looking for a stock rear bumper cause mine is a little bent. a custom set up would be nice too so post away...

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
I made that bumper when I was bored at work it went from something simple to 100 hours added up here and there because there was alot of holes in the C-channel and i had the time so i welded and grinded.... a lot. Those holes on the left have trailer outlets now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input that is a good looking set up i was thinking similar for the rear bumper on my 95 and yeah apparently this isnt all that intriguing to others .... i thought it was a worth while topic

·
Registered
285 Posts
:whs: but honestly I've never seen an obs with anything other a ranch hand, brush guard, or just a plain old pipe bumper around here. Maybe someone will come out of the wood work.:poke:

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
I have a bumper that was fabbedbhy someone else that i bought and am going to put on my truck, and do some modifications to it to make it my own. Ill post pictures of it eventually.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool im glad to see ive sparked at least a little interest with this idea ill post mine up when i get around to it ive got some other issues on the truck i need to work out first the problems you end up with when buying a 95 thats been sitting a while and dont have crazy funding to do it all right away are amazing lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
if someone can explain to me how to upload pictures i will put some up of my bumpers. i got bored one weekend and it turned into building both a front and back set.

·
Registered
252 Posts
if someone can explain to me how to upload pictures i will put some up of my bumpers. i got bored one weekend and it turned into building both a front and back set.
Here's how i do it (but there might be other ways.) Open a free account on Photobucket.com. Follow the instructions to upload pics from your computer to the website. once you have your pics uploaded, click on the one you wanna post to the forum. When you click on the photo, you'll notice ot the right of the picture there are 4 links. select the bottom link called "IMG CODE" and click it once. it will say "COPIED" in small letters once you click it. Now open up your reply to the forum in PSN.com....right click...then select "PASTE" from that little drop down menu. it should paste that IMG CODE into your reply. When you post your response it should post your picture.

Let me know if that's confusing. i'm not the best teacher if you ask my co-workers!

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts

first off thanks for your guys help on the pictures. hopefully now it works.
but these are my bumpers. made out 1/8 inch plate.
those are some bad ass custom bumpers, nice work man.

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
thanks a lot!! I figure for being only 17 and a self taught welder I cant complain.
definatly not. better than me. i have a professional welder in the family so I make him weld my stuff, haha.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Made this one for mine...

the upright piece is for the snow plow arm, there is a tab infront of the lights where the pump bolts on, the uprights have holes to catch a drop down bracket that the actual plow attaches to, even had removable arms that went back to brace the frame. I made it all myself, i'll try to find more pics.

The center section is 1/4" plate, the outer sections is 1/8" diamond plate, 3/8" 3x4 angle iron to catch the exsisting frame bumper mounts with hella gussets, 3 5/8" grade 8 bolts on each side.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts