Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the stock ic off an obs cummins flow enough air for say..... stage ones?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
35 views and no responses?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What year of Cummins? I can tell you for a fact that one for a 94-02 Cummins is way too wide to even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why not just buy the banks intercooler kit from one of the vendors on here. Alot of guys on this site seem to buy them for your year truck.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Or even better, why not find a wrecked SD and take the intercooler off that. No reason to throw a cummins one that first off, is not made for our our application, and secondly, you will probably have to modify everything to put it on.

Sorry, i dont know what the cummins ones look like, but i can only imagine its not worth it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What year of Cummins? I can tell you for a fact that one for a 94-02 Cummins is way too wide to even come close to fitting.
:whs:
I dont think it will flow enough.. if it dose fit you could put it in and see what the psi. drop is and go from there..

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
Would be way better to find you a 6.0 intercooler.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i figured it would be better to use a powerstroke intercooler as a donor but hey i saw some on ebay and thought "what the hell might as well ask" lol

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i have a buddy w/ a cummins and the dodge i/c in his 91 ford. it com out of a 1st gen cummins.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have one off of a 6.7 cumings. I think it will fit, it's a little bigger tho. No plastic tanks on it either. If your looking to buy one let me know I'll make you a deal on this one. Has the a/c condenser too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It will flow plenty it is huge compared to a sd and a cumins has twice the boost psi as a obs. My cummins flows 55 psi with just a tuner it flows great that is what I am thinking of useing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts