Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bmd88
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a 96 350 obs, and I'm working on getting it registered. A coworker told me that Pa is fairly expensive for one ton registrations. So I looked at PA's classic registration to save money.

To register classic the vehicle:
:ford: Has to be 15 years or older
:ford: Cannot be your primary mode of transportation
:eek: And cannot be used for hauling

Does anybody have classic registration. If so are the lenient about the hauling rule?

Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
136 Posts
For a 1 ton your looking at 153 or 198 depending if its under 9000 gvw. $405 if you license combination to legally haul a trailer over 10,000 lbs. The haul rule I would think its if your using it for business or pulling a larger trailer over 10k.

·
Registered
909 Posts
They are not lenient on the hauling rule at all. I have looked into this also and asked a State Trooper friend of mine. He looked up the fines and its pretty healthy along with the fact you get your plate revoked. He also mentioned paying back registration since you were trying to work the system but I am not sure how that would work. Either way it wasnt worth the chance.

·
Bmd88
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I would only occasionally be towing my boat, but you're right I might as well just get the right tags.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its one of those "is the money you save worth the fine" kind of deals.

Plus getting the plate is a hassle. You have to send in pictures of all 4 sides. It has to look just the way it did from the factory. My friend got the plates for his monte carlo SS and they kicked it back cause the windows were tinted

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ya I wouldn't take the chance. Like I said I was only guessing at the haul rule.

·
Bmd88
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you guys are definitely right. I'm from MD and everybody down there with older vehicles gets classic registration to avoid inspection. I didn't want to be the only guy paying for inspections and registrations all the time so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for all the info!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts