Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 40/20/40 bench seat and am contemplating trying to find buckets and center console. I can't say I have ever seen the buckets and center console. Anyone have any pictures?

Any idea just how hard it will be to find the tan buckets and console in very good shape?

What is the 40/20/40 worth in good shape? Has cloth and drivers seat is power.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
A clean TAN 40-20-40 is worth alot being there were not too many made. But that can also hurt you because there are not that many people looking for tan.

My buddy bought one for 400 from a conversion company(still wrapped in factory plastic). He had to buy a pan though. But i think he stole it for 400

If i could find a nice clean 40-20-40 in blue i would spend 400

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
I've wanted to do this to my truck, too, I've been looking for a set of good seats and console for probably about a year , with no such luck

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any ideas what the center console looks like? I can't say I have ever seen one.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Look for interior shots of an OBS F150 Lightning (like this one). Cheers!

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
Here's a pic of the overall interior...sorry it's not great, best I could find for now, this is of a '94 Bronco. The console has a flip up with cup holders in the front.IIRC Ford only put this setup in trucks up to '94; I havent seen it in trucks newer than that, but maybe it was an option. The dealer I bought my truck from had a '94 IDI sittin' right next to it, and I was lookin at the interior and really liked it. It's a nice setup. What I liked about it the most was the cloth material on the seats, it seemed a lot tougher than that on the PSD trucks, it's more like a work-grade material.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I may just stick with my 40/20/40.

·
Powerstroked
602 Posts
I would love to swap my interior over to a tan interior but I dont think it'd be worth the time/work involved.

·
Registered
480 Posts
if you look through the Bronco's you should be able to find the seating you want. My 90 had the same buckets as above. I don't think i ever seen a bronco that didnt have the buckets and console in them... I like the 40-20-40 seat myself seems alot more compfortable to me

·
Registered
911 Posts
Look for interior shots of an OBS F150 Lightning (like this one). Cheers!
a buddy of mine had a lightning back in the day, it was the only obs i have seen with buckets, otherwise i would think a bronco interior would work

·
Registered
89 Posts
go with superduty seats, and leather, they are much more comfortable.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I like my 40-20-40 seats. Independent seats and center console.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
am i the only one on here with buckets and a console, LOL, my 96 has them. they look the same as that bronco but grey

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
My drivers armrest swings almost 360* it looks like a biotch to fix. solutions? thanks
I did put it up and down alot, maybe thats why.
Sorry if hijacked

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
ya mine was the same, i could move it alot side to side, i undid the zipper on the back, pulled the cover back and pulled the bolt and put some loctite on it and tightened it back up.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Dont forget guys. The f-series and broncos had a charcoal interior up till 93. 94-97 had the lighter gray(opal).

And bronco seat frames will only work in a bronco
Supercab seat frames will only work on a supercab
Reg cab and crewcab(both positions) are interchangable

But with a little modding you can interchange seats

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
Dont forget guys. The f-series and broncos had a charcoal interior up till 93. 94-97 had the lighter gray(opal).

And bronco seat frames will only work in a bronco
Supercab seat frames will only work on a supercab
Reg cab and crewcab(both positions) are interchangable

But with a little modding you can interchange seats
do you mean how they bolt to the floor? cause you can just switch the seats on the tracks, right? cause i seen a pair of mustang seats and my dad said you caould just switch the seats on the tracks

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You got it. You can pull the seats off of the tracks and swap them around. Depending on what seats you are tryint to install and from what era as to whether or not they are going to be direct bolt in.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
You got it. You can pull the seats off of the tracks and swap them around. Depending on what seats you are tryint to install and from what era as to whether or not they are going to be direct bolt in.
ok thanks for clearin that up, they were from a fox mustang like a 91 or 92 iirc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts