Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the BTS from my 1996. There is ~18,000 miles on it. Fluid changed once (while doing other maintenance) with Schaeffers. I purchased a Super Duty and cannot use this in the Superduty. Brian recommended that I sell this and then just buy a SD transmission.

Transmission is located in Nashville, Tennessee at Swamp's. After they are done working on the engine - the transmission can be pulled.

Price is $3,000+shipping.

Sam

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Good price.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone who wants to can add $500 for the hell of it - I won't mind :D

Sam

·
Powerstroked
602 Posts
Wow! Do you know if BTS will still fully warrant this transmission? Any idea on shipping cost to 44813?

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent you a PM.

Sam

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
2wd or 4wd?

Yes, BTS will still warrenty it as long as the new owner's info is given to them.

come with TC? How old is it? What hp is it setup for?

VERY INTERESTED!

Sending you a pm.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4WD - BTS doesn't warranty without the TC - which is included...

I have a potential deal working, will post if it falls through.

Sam

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
2wd or 4wd?

Yes, BTS will still warrenty it as long as the new owner's info is given to them.

come with TC? How old is it? What hp is it setup for?

VERY INTERESTED!

Sending you a pm.
what HP setup.........a BTS is setup for high hp lol but can be used on a stock truck.

bump for a great deal

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
what HP setup.........a BTS is setup for high hp lol but can be used on a stock truck.

bump for a great deal
Shift firmness in relation to hp is what I was asking for. When I had one built for an OBS about 7 years ago, he set it up for the hp I was running, so that it didn't shift too hard and not too soft. Maybe he doesn't do that now.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
~450 if I recall correctly. Though my truck has never done that on a dyno or time on the dragstrip to support that hp. It did not shift to firm for my wife...

As of now - the BTS is pending. I have 2 people who have sent me a PM, they would be next in line. If you are serious and want to get in line it would be 4th on the list - send me a PM.

Should have listed it for $3500 :doh:

Sam

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
should have started an auction :D

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No core needed. Even better deal now, huh?

Sam

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Shift firmness in relation to hp is what I was asking for. When I had one built for an OBS about 7 years ago, he set it up for the hp I was running, so that it didn't shift too hard and not too soft. Maybe he doesn't do that now.
If you're scaling the power up, you drill the 3 shift holes and you may change the line modulator valve. If you're going down in power you need a new plate and possibly again change the valve.

It's not hard to do, I did mine last fall.

Dave

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pending.

Sam

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sold to Freddie. I have a built 4R100 that would work in an OBS with slight modifications... If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanx
Sam

1 - 20 of 22 Posts