Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone run the factory alcoas with a 315/75/16 tire? i love the look of the alcoas and want to keep them. i didnt know if it would cause wear issues with the tire.

Thanks, Jacob

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've seen it done and like the look. A lot of people say the rim is too narrow for that wide of tire. Some tire shops won't mount anything wider than 285 on a 7" rim.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heres a pic of mine with 35's on stock wheels...

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
:flipa:Whatever , i came by and you werent there apparently u didnt need it that bad...:blah:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

pix are with BFG 315 now have Dick Cepek FC II's and they seem to look wider....they do fit tire, will tend to wear out more of the center face of tire which stands to reason cause of the narrow rim. Wished they came in 8" or could be made to be 8"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Can you fit 315/75/16 on a standard height f-350 obs like mine?

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
correct me if im wrong but this is how it works. the first three numbers (305) is the width of the tire in like mm or some kind of metric form. the middle two numbers (70) is the percent side wall so theoretically a 75 would be taller than a 70 pending the rim size.
like i said that maybe way off so correct me if im wrong

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
correct me if im wrong but this is how it works. the first three numbers (305) is the width of the tire in like mm or some kind of metric form. the middle two numbers (70) is the percent side wall so theoretically a 75 would be taller than a 70 pending the rim size.
like i said that maybe way off so correct me if im wrong
315 is 315mm wide.

The 75 is side wall height, which is 75% of the 315 which is 236mm. Since you have a top and bottom side wall, double that number(472)

472mm = 18.5 inches

Add the 18.5" + 16" = 34.5 HEY THAT IS WHAT I SAID EARLIER;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
So back to my orignal question could I fit 315/75/16s on my truck, the one in my sig.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts