Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..
I just bought the '96 4X4 truck w/ 126k on it and it came with an Edge Evolution programmer set to the 40/80 setting. It shifts a little harder than my '96 2WD with 80k I just sold.

From reading around here I see most think the chip is the way ta go and programmers are hard on the trans. I bought it from a friends father and he towed a 5th wheel. He had a different converter put in it and a over sized trans cooler with a temp and EGT gages.

So should I get a chip done for it... I tow about 9000 lbs of cab over camper all the time (about 2300 lbs dry) and tow my Early Bronco on a trailer (6000 lbs) behind sometimes as well.

So should I set the program back to stock and get a chip for it? So is there companies out there that still do chips for these older 7.3's?..... and should I worry about it? I do not want a race truck just reliable power to haul this mess to Montana hunting.....

·
Registered
853 Posts
Chip it and get rid of the junk edge before Ur trans waves bye bye. power hungry performance is a great company along with just about any chip vendor on here. I would recommend power hungry performance but that's just cause its what I have but wow does it make a huge difference

1 - 2 of 2 Posts