Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Explorerman88 on youtube,
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Frank and I have a1996 F-350 pulling truck. My friend sent me here because he said it was a good place to look for sponsorship. I have personaly invested over 30 grand in to the whole truck and have depleated my funds. My goal with my truck is to have one of the more powerful OBS powerstroks around. The truck is set up to pull in the 3.0 turbo class. I have built the motor to handle around 1,000hp but am lacking a few parts such as: Transmission(I have destroyed 3 in a year), HPOP, external wastegate(s), good pulling tires, bellhousing blanket, and some other safety items. I am willing to try out new parts that havent been tested yet. I go all out with my truck everytime it starts as you will see if you look me (Frank 7.3) up on youtube. Alot of people ask about my truck and good ways to build horsepower and if I had a sponsor I could brag about it would be good for that company. Please contact me if you are able to help. Thanks, Frank

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
I see this thread being relocated in short order :popcorn: Good luck with sponsorship

-Michael

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
So - you can rev your truck up to 5K while its parked...... what else have you done to make people want to sponsor you? Your not the only guy that has had transmission problems. What have you done to those three transmissions to make them hold any HP?

You say your truck is built for the 3.0 class? In most places the 3.0 class is a clutch can, drop box, reverser, and a rockwell rear axle. Very few people have made an auto tranny work at that level. What other upgrades have you done to the driveline to be able to hold this 1,000 HP at the sled pulling track? I would hate for a sponsor to throw money at a truck for a competitor that is not up to the task.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
oh boy.

comet head gaskets
oh how neat

i will tell you now, dont expect to get 1 red cent worth of sponsor ship by walking on a site and asking for it. You have to earn it and prove that you have something to be worked with. Going by the idiotic videos you've posted, you've shown that you have nothing to work with. no one is going to sponsor someone who does 5k rpm neutral drops.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
His trucks a 5speed
Apparently so. That doesn't change any of the questions though. I made the assumption that it was an auto because he went through three of them in one year (or whatever the figure was) How do you destroy 3 manual transmissions in one year? What were the circumstances? What upgrades were performed to the transmissions? What parts were breaking? If your having trouble with one particular transmission design, and there are no upgrade parts for it, why do you keep installing them knowing what the result will be?

·
3's company
359 Posts
So once again the "powerstroke" masters on here bashing a young kid. And everyone wonders why the powerstroke sucks. NOBODY WANTS TO WORK TOGETHER. Everyone thinks if your not in the circle of gurus you suck. I personally think this kids impressive just by doing alot of the work as a shade tree mechanic and can actually get his truck to Rev that high in neutral. Regardless he has a video of him melting tires that i thought was impressive. As i recall there is a video of Empire doing a burnout with a procharged 7.3 and every redneck and their brother was swinging from empires nuts "Because it was SOOOO cool" HOW many people can even get the powerstroke to 3500 or 4g without parts flying and stuff falling apart, reliably?. Quit criticizing everyone and give people chances and MAYBE give him some insite on things he can do better. If people want to continue throwing money at a motor that is getting pretty dated, people need to help the young guys as well to continue the sport.

·
Noob
1,247 Posts
So once again the "powerstroke" masters on here bashing a young kid. And everyone wonders why the powerstroke sucks. NOBODY WANTS TO WORK TOGETHER. Everyone thinks if your not in the circle of gurus you suck. I personally think this kids impressive just by doing alot of the work as a shade tree mechanic and can actually get his truck to Rev that high in neutral. Regardless he has a video of him melting tires that i thought was impressive. As i recall there is a video of Empire doing a burnout with a procharged 7.3 and every redneck and their brother was swinging from empires nuts "Because it was SOOOO cool" HOW many people can even get the powerstroke to 3500 or 4g without parts flying and stuff falling apart, reliably?. Quit criticizing everyone and give people chances and MAYBE give him some insite on things he can do better. If people want to continue throwing money at a motor that is getting pretty dated, people need to help the young guys as well to continue the sport.
Well put in some ways.

Regardless, your first post on PSN shouldn't be on here to look for sponsorship. In reality what he is doing is no different than the folks that post stuff forsale in the classifieds with only 1-5 post to their name. Does not matter if you are looking for sponsors or selling something. So make sure you bag on the noobs that are selling stuff to...Just a thought.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
I will tell you that if you only have 180's(without sufficient High pressure oil even) and are breaking 5 speeds, then you have issues besides the trannies. I know of 5 speed trucks making quite a bit more power and not having problems.

I don't think you'll have much luck finding someone who just wants to pay for you to destroy parts at the local fair or while making burnout bids for YouTube

-Michael

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
So once again the "powerstroke" masters on here bashing a young kid. And everyone wonders why the powerstroke sucks. NOBODY WANTS TO WORK TOGETHER. Everyone thinks if your not in the circle of gurus you suck. I personally think this kids impressive just by doing alot of the work as a shade tree mechanic and can actually get his truck to Rev that high in neutral. Regardless he has a video of him melting tires that i thought was impressive. As i recall there is a video of Empire doing a burnout with a procharged 7.3 and every redneck and their brother was swinging from empires nuts "Because it was SOOOO cool"
HOW many people can even get the powerstroke to 3500 or 4g without parts flying and stuff falling apart, reliably?.
Quit criticizing everyone and give people chances and MAYBE give him some insite on things he can do better. If people want to continue throwing money at a motor that is getting pretty dated, people need to help the young guys as well to continue the sport.
Don't know where you've been but that was done long ago on stock bottom end. :doh:

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
So I guess we should praise him for blowing through 3 transmissions, revving it to 5,000rpm in N?

If he wants sponsorship I think the best way to earn it is by doing what most of the guys do and start out at the lower levels and start winning there and then working your way up. You dont see random joe blow getting sponsored for a full time race gig in nascar do ya?

·
indirectly strokin
1,152 Posts
So I guess we should praise him for blowing through 3 transmissions, revving it to 5,000rpm in N?

If he wants sponsorship I think the best way to earn it is by doing what most of the guys do and start out at the lower levels and start winning there and then working your way up. You dont see random joe blow getting sponsored for a full time race gig in nascar do ya?
it would be kinda like me asking for a pulling sponsorship for my IDI, just dont make any sense now does it?:doh:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts