Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a mostly stock 95 7.3 and im lookin to do some engine upgrades to it. I just dont know where to start. Im looking to make more power without spending rediculous amounts of money. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I would like to do injectors but that also means rods and studs and possibly a new turbo and fuel pump right? Any help would be great.:doh:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
what do you consider a ridiculous amount of money? You can do some stage 1's and not have to deal with turbo, studs, pushrods or springs..

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much of a horse power increase can i do on stock rods and studs?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Stock rods, more than you can afford. Stock pushrods, I would do them when you need studs and springs..

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and when would i need studs and springs?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Most guys do em when they upgrade their turbo and/or go with an injector hybrid size or bigger.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so stage one's would be safe as is? because ive heard many different opinios and i dont want to get them put in then have something blow out

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Yep. I run stage 1's in my 95... Stock fuel system, stock HPOP, stock turbo.

Power isn't cheap in these trucks, be prepared to pay to play... Otherwise leave it stock

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
If your looking for something that won't break the bank, or doesn't really require any supporting mods, I suggest stage 1's! I can set you up with some PM me and we will figure out what size fits your needs best :D

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does single shot injectors mean that i need custom tunes to make them run? i jsut read somewhere that you do.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
does single shot injectors mean that i need custom tunes to make them run? i jsut read somewhere that you do.
No, thats for the SD owners since they have split shot injectors. Us obs guys already have single shot injectors.

Shhot me a pm if you want some prices on injectors, we carry full force, swamps and rosewood injectors.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've got a set of Baby Swamps in my work truck with some mild tunes from swamps. Stock turbo, a 3" to 4" downpipe, and the 6637 intake mod. Truck weighs over 13,000lbs, (F-Super Duty) and no gauges. I've put over 200,000 miles on it with that setup. I wish my 02 was that strong!! Will be though very soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts