Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbe here. i just bought a 09 f250 fx4 with 45000 mile, i think they fast talked me into buying an ex.warr. for $3250 48m/75K its with olympicare. could someone please get me an oasis report so i see the history, and decide if im going to cancel the warr. it took them over 40 days to get my paperwork to me, and after reading it, it sound like a powertrain warr. oh and in small print they can cancel it if the truck has been mod in a manner not recommened by the manufacturer. (truck came with 8" lift/37's....)
thanks guys there's alot of good info here.:postwhore2:

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
newbe here. i just bought a 09 f250 fx4 with 45000 mile, i think they fast talked me into buying an ex.warr. for $3250 48m/75K its with olympicare. could someone please get me an oasis report so i see the history, and decide if im going to cancel the warr. it took them over 40 days to get my paperwork to me, and after reading it, it sound like a powertrain warr. oh and in small print they can cancel it if the truck has been mod in a manner not recommened by the manufacturer. (truck came with 8" lift/37's....)
thanks guys there's alot of good info here.:postwhore2:
The service dept can get you the OASIS report.

Regardless of what it says, get your money back for the warranty. You can spend half of that money on a few modifications that will make the truck essentially bulletproof for normal use.

Olympicare (and all other aftermarket warranties) are rarely worth the paper they're written on anyway, dealers push them because they're a high profit up-sell item.

I'm not one for buying extended warranties, but the Ford one is pretty much the only one worth having.

Cancel the Olympicare crap, do a DPF delete, block or delete the EGR coolers, get a tuner, and enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
opps forgot the leave my vin# 1FTSW21R89EA95231
i hate dealing with service dept.
hey thanks wizzard!! the warranty will be canceled, and looks like daddy is getting a late christmas gift!!! i planned on H&S mini,4"SS downpipe back, and air intake. then EGR block.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice rig man!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any help with a oasis report would be greatly appreciated my vin# 1FTSW21R89EA95231
thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts