Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not to sure if anyone has done this but a freind of mine did this and said it help a bunch,what he did is took out the o2 sensor before the cat ,heated the tip on the sensor then dumoed it into a cup of water and all the soot particle fell off .he said he did this a couple times and mpg went up about 2 mpg. whats your thoughts on this thanks

·
Anthony02Tolson
86 Posts
SMU= sounds made up

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
you can try it but diesels dont have o2s.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No o2 sensors in diesels.

Are you talking about a gas engine? A bad o2 sensor can effect mpg but they aren't terribly expensive and last an easy 100,000 miles. If his was bad it should have been replaced and removing it from the exhaust was the hard part.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Uh if you were describing the ebp sensor cat wouldn't even be in the description. It's probably some guy that was to cheap to buy a new o2 sensor and told his buddy who has a diesel to clean his because it will improve mileage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Uh if you were describing the ebp sensor cat wouldn't even be in the description. It's probably some guy that was to cheap to buy a new o2 sensor and told his buddy who has a diesel to clean his because it will improve mileage.
You would be surprised if you knew how slow some people are. My neighbor thought the muffler was the cat on his truck until I laughed at him. He also thought his glow plugs were spark plugs. Not everyone is an expert in the diesel field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts