Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I could make heads or tails of the nozzle size thing...

I ordered 100% nozzles when I rebuilt my injectors, and when Geoff flowed them they flowed between 47lpm and 49lpm, not perfect, but not bad for the price paid...

But from my math it sounds like they were 200% nozzles???

What say you experts?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock nozzles I THOUGHT were 17lpm... but again, I think we need to have a scale or something

Stock=17lpm=stock
30% =22lpm=???

I mean everyone uses a differant scale... I guess there is the injector thread above... Need to re read that.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that doesnt help much... LOL

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Lol sorry. I know jack squat about nozzles and what not.

Why don't you call up carson or jim and get some consistant nozzles you know are right.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol sorry. I know jack squat about nozzles and what not.

Why don't you call up carson or jim and get some consistant nozzles you know are right.
it was not directed at you... Weird, I have gotten thread notices on my BB that both big stroker and WOP have posted on this thread, but there posts are not showing up.

I was responding to WOP post that he said that at one place his nozzles flowed 34lpm and another 42lpm...

I got the nozzles from someone good... Just dont know what EXACTLY they are...:confused:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
What do you want to know what exactly they are for? Tuning purposes? Arent you running bills tunes? I bet you could tell him your lpm and he would know what to do with it.

And yeah that is weird.. I saw big stroker post but figured he deleted it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you want to know what exactly they are for? Tuning purposes? Arent you running bills tunes? I bet you could tell him your lpm and he would know what to do with it.

And yeah that is weird.. I saw big stroker post but figured he deleted it.
Swamps tuning right now, once I have some money I will get a chip over to Bill as well...

It would be nice to know what they are.

They were flowed by the injector builder, not the place I bought the nozzles from, so who knows. One could have flowed them wrong, and one could have thrown the wrong nozzles in the box.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I have never seen a Heui or diesel flow bench before but have a basic understand of them.

Every bench is going to be different. The nozzles I ran on my 530s flowed 34lpm at DDP and 42lpm at Gillett Diesel.
Why is that? If fluid pressures and volume are kept the same how can you have what amounts to above as a 20% discrepancy in flow? That seems huge for a testing device. Are there no calibration devices etc?

I am still very much in the learning phase but as I understand the nozzle flow numbers the percentages over stock was a easy to understand rating system. While actual flow numbers would be the most accurate. True percentage of stock would be more traditional but over stock shows the actual increased % of flow that can be expected when upgrading a stock motors injectors. Someone would please correct me if I get this incorrect.

Stock : 17 LPM For Over Stock this would be seen as the base line or 0% Traditionally though this would be normally be recorded as 100% stock flow rate . Where 0 LPM would actually be 0%. So for over stock flow you are simply dropping the stock flow rate of 100% off and starting with "stock = 0%".
Code:
[U]Over Stock %[/U]     [U]Liter Per Min of Flow[/U]      [U]Flow`Rate % Of Stock[/U]

[B]*   0%                 17   LPM                100% flow rate  *Stock Nozzle*[/B]
   30%                 22.1 LPM                130% flow rate
   80%                 30.6 LPM                180% flow rate
  100%                 34   LPM                200% flow rate
  200%                 51   LPM                300% flow rate
  300%                 68   LPM                400% flow rate
  400%                 85   LPM                500% flow rate
  500%                102   LPM                600% flow rate
  600%                119   LPM                700% flow rate

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
CSI,
For fear of another thread like at the west coast forum, I'll go easy and keep it short, what does nozzle size really matter if your injector builder flowed them? Get the flow sheet that shows how they flowed based on ICP and pw across a broad RPM range and how quickly they emptied, that's all your tuner needs.

To know for sure what size nozzles you have, the size is etched on the side of every nozzle. Last digits will have either 100 or 200 and this will tell you what they are.

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Jim that would be too easy.........

In all seriousness, what Jim said is EXACTLY what you need.

And another thing, you need to stop referimg to it as lpm. The "correct" way to flow test a nozzle is with FLUID. The "correct" test is kg/m. I don't know of any test stands that flow air through the "injector" to calibrate them....... It is the wrong process, although many feel it is adequate because they don't want to spend the real money on the correct equipment to test them. If you want real answers, have them disassembled and send them to "Extrude Hone" and Jim would be more than happy to flow them and tell you what they are.

Of course the much easier way to tell is just to ask Geoff what number was stamped into the side of the nozzle, as they are all etched.

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
CSI,
For fear of another thread like at the west coast forum, I'll go easy and keep it short, what does nozzle size really matter if your injector builder flowed them? Get the flow sheet that shows how they flowed based on ICP and pw across a broad RPM range and how quickly they emptied, that's all your tuner needs.

To know for sure what size nozzles you have, the size is etched on the side of every nozzle. Last digits will have either 100 or 200 and this will tell you what they are.
.:whs:

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
CSI,

:whs: x2

·
Registered
320 Posts
People have been flowing them 10 different ways from Sunday for years. This is just why you cannot compare from one supplier to another. Flowing just the nozzles doesn't really tell you much on a HEUI injector to start with anyways. With all the other issues in the HEUI you really need to flow it as a complete unit to know what it's going to do.

Flowing just the nozzles with air only let's you know if thing are really screwed up and not much else. At least get them flowed with calibration fluid at rated pressure.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People have been flowing them 10 different ways from Sunday for years. This is just why you cannot compare from one supplier to another. Flowing just the nozzles doesn't really tell you much on a HEUI injector to start with anyways. With all the other issues in the HEUI you really need to flow it as a complete unit to know what it's going to do.

Flowing just the nozzles with air only let's you know if thing are really screwed up and not much else. At least get them flowed with calibration fluid at rated pressure.

Well crap... I guess I will have to pull them one of these days and get them flowed. Geoff ran out of time when he put the nozzles in and did not get to flow them.

Anyone got a set of injectors I can run for a week or two...LOL

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i got some AAs you could barrow LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts