Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should the hp and tq be?
Just with 238ccwith200%nozzles and 38r

·
Edumacted
171 Posts
Well it should be in the 500 hp range and around 1000 ft lbs range of torque. I think a 38r may be a little small for 200s, but may be fine.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Well it should be in the 500 hp range and around 1000 ft lbs range of torque. I think a 38r may be a little small for 200s, but may be fine.
i think he should just put it on the rollers, theres alot of guys running 38r and 238's it all depends on nozzle, and tuning, i know theres a guy on here running that setup at just shy of 600 hp, so put it on the rollers n find out, are u tuned properly for the turbo and injectors?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the same combo just waiting to get my chip back from Tony so I can finally drive the damn truck!

I'm hoping for over 500rw but I think my fuel system will be limiting me, hopefully I'll do that next :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
are you running the 38r with a 1.0 or 1.15 AR?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
i think he should just put it on the rollers, theres alot of guys running 38r and 238's it all depends on nozzle, and tuning, i know theres a guy on here running that setup at just shy of 600 hp, so put it on the rollers n find out, are u tuned properly for the turbo and injectors?
I would like to know who that is.

are you running the 38r with a 1.0 or 1.15 AR?
I am running a 38r with the 1.0 housing and 238cc 80% hybrids and putting down 520hp. I didnt know of anyone else with that putting down more than 500 with that setup.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he is saying with the bigger nozzle size !! dose nozzle size effect your hp that much ??

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
well he is saying with the bigger nozzle size !! dose nozzle size effect your hp that much ??
Who is tuning your ride?

I say 550+ if you can pour enough water in the intake to keep it cool enough to make a full WOT run..... :eek:

Im no expert by any means, but my guess is that you'll be able to peg a 1600* pyro no problem. :D

I hope you get closer to 600 though. :bowfast:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope I get closer to 600 too ! I bet it will hit 1600 damn quick !cuz it sure did last year on the dyno . But ill for sure let you guys know

·
Registered
545 Posts
600 would be nice but I don't see it happening with only a 38r for air

do you have water injection?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
200% over or 100% over stock..big difference..238's and 100% over best combo for the street for you but your not gona make 600HP. Go to 300cc 200% over for that.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I think 238's with 200% over would be good for 600hp if you had the right turbo for it. A little 38r is not the right turbo for them big of nozzles.

The backpressure is going to be CRAZY high

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So should I not go with the 200%nozzles ?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
So should I not go with the 200%nozzles ?
If your not worried about towing, go with the 200% over nozzles.... Let us know what happens. :evil Im sure your tuner can get it all figured out. :D

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Use some nitrous and wastegate it, I'm sure you could hit 700.
whats the point letting that air escape?

don't you want to keep the wastegate closed? to keep all the boost feeding the motor...

or are you saying that with the nitrous added you could overspin the turbo unless wastegated, which would in the end result in less power....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts