Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sent a ts chip to one of the vendors here to get a reburn on it, without starting a holy war i will leave out who i sent it to. with that being said im assuming all vendors have the same capabilities, just there own added secret ingredients. now the question is what programs are you guys running and how do you like them? other then of course the basic tow/econo/power tunes, what did you guys do differently with them and why?

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Im running a tow, heavy tow, daily and street race.

Im trying to understand what your asking but what we did differently, could you maybe elaborate?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have the econo tune from TW and I never use it. My truck basically falls flat on its face when its in this tune. I wish I would of tried the drive thru tune as I hate turning my truck off every time I go through one. And I am in no way bashing TW so please dont start the bashing.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
after someone smarter has posted I will say this....

I first had heavy tow, daily, street race and a smoke tune.

the smoke tune was cool for the first couple times I used it.... but it got old and I had sent it back for a reburn. i normally either have it in daily or in the race tune, but it goes into the tow tune before I shut it off and it gets started there.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not all the tuners have the same capabilities. On another note I run mine in my Daily most of the time.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
i have a TS 4pos with swamps tunes. i have the economy, tow, "hot", and travis f350 tunes on mine. i usually do everything in the hot setting because it is the most usable and fuel efficient tune for my truck

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm too lazy to go look it up but Matt had a quote not too long ago that said something like, "For most of my customers I could just come up with two tunes - stun and kill!" I liked that alot and find myself waiting for my two new tunes to show up later this week - stun and tow. I got tow for towing and stun for everything else. I didn't want a kill tune.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the econo tune from TW and I never use it. My truck basically falls flat on its face when its in this tune. I wish I would of tried the drive thru tune as I hate turning my truck off every time I go through one. And I am in no way bashing TW so please dont start the bashing.
I would look into that because I have this tune and it's what I mainly drive in

it's an awesome tune, locks the torque converter early in 2nd and up, still lots of power, some have even dyno'd higher power levels with econo over extreme because of the advanced timing.

anyways I have TW

stock, econo, daily, street race, extreme, tow

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I have a TW 6 position chip. My tunes are 1,2,3,4,5, and 6. No clue what they are, but my truck really like number three and 4 right now. Course these are single shot tunes running on split shot injectors. I am sure things will be different when I install my singles.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea my truck is a manual so that may make some difference and sets on 35s so maybe that is why the econo doesnt work as well for me. Also hpop is weak. And 90% of my driving is on steep grades.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
i asked because i heard tonys tunes dont smoke very much, thats why i went with them.
Every custom tune maker offers smoke tunes,but also performance tunes which should always be no to less smoke.Smoke is unburned fuel resulting in less horsepower.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
True. But in your performance tunes, you are going to get some smoke. Until you turbo catches up and adds the neccessary air to the fire to burn the fuel. Then grab aholt of something.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
True. But in your performance tunes, you are going to get some smoke. Until you turbo catches up and adds the neccessary air to the fire to burn the fuel. Then grab aholt of something.
True!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
does the street race tune blow alot of smoke?
The tunes I got from Matt don't. Even in the race tune it lets out a little but still clean enough to see out the back window.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I run Bean's Tuning. I love them! And my truck really doesn't smoke that much. Of course it does some, but near as much as other trucks I have seen. And as far as switching tunes, I leave mine on the hottest tune all the time. Locks into OD at about 40 mph and for easy driving, that is the way to go. I havent really been able to compare the "economy" tune vs. the "hot", but I get about 17 mpg, and I dont think it will get much better than that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
dixieland i dont think you get what im saying lol, i went with tonys tunes because i heard they dont smoke much, i dont want my truck to smoke

1 - 20 of 34 Posts