Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone me and my dad are wanting a father son diesel project and I'd like your help and experience , but not your average build though I have a 99.5 7.3 ext cab f250 4x4 It's my high school truck and take great pride in it and don't wanna get ride of it or park it , anyways I really wanted to be different and build a 7.3 to make 650 700 hp , that's not something you see very often and that's what I'm all about being different and surprising people.but turns out building a 7.3 to that amount of power the right way with a transmission to hold it would be a little out of what we would wanna pay, soooo my dad and I have been looking into the 6.7 motors he has one as a work truck and pulls with it everyday about 150 200 miles and he is very impressed with it and since I've showed him the h&s 6.7 making those insane nitrous dyno passes it blows his mind and he is head over heels about building one , now I understand some of the 6.7 motors have had troubles within 100k miles and be bone stock but that's just the luck of the draw I guess you could say , we plan on building it right and taking it step by step . Now with saying all that ,,, how hard would it be to put a 6.7 motor and tranny in a 7.3 ?? I've called two or three people they said the motor would fit in the 7.3 engine bay fine , the people I talked to said the hardest part of it probably would be putting the 6.7 dash in the 7.3 ? But they said it could be done. What's y'all's take on this? , or if there's anyone out there that's done this plz tell me because I have a lot of questions I'm not asking , and yes we found a totaled out king ranch 6.7 with 32k on it and bought it but we have been to busy workin to take time off , plus we just now decided what we wanted to do .

·
Registered
151 Posts
not trying to be a jerk but shouldnt this be in the 7.3 section?? Just saying

·
Registered
200 Posts
not trying to be a jerk but shouldnt this be in the 7.3 section?? Just saying
Maybe you should have actually read the OP's post, it is kind of misleading but he's talking about trying to put a 6.7L in to replace the 7.3L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clear up any confusion (I'm asking could I put a 6.7 motor tranny and dash in a 7.3 body) I said all the rest in my first post so people didn't ask why I chose to do this.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Probably easier to drop the 7.3 a body on the existing 6.7s frame lol. Just sayin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I say it's totaled out pretty good , we had already thought of that but we found this totaled truck from a buddy of ours and got it for a decent deal , the rear axel is shifted about 2 foot and it's hit pretty hard at the passenger door , but like you say car guy I wish we could just do that

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
I dont see that it would be insanely difficult as i believe the cab shell is all the same (correct me if wrong) so the interior should just bolt in and you would have to use all the wiring and computers for the 6.7 but that shouldnt be no biggie as your not splicing anything and should be plug and play especially if your using the front clip off the 6.7

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea ive done some rough measurements and like you say i don't believe it will be to awfull hard, i was worried about the dash not fitting in the 7.3 cab but turns out there the same width from driver side pillar to passenger side pillar

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Id believe there the same cab as the doors are the same. Maybie a bit of difference here and there but none that makes it too difficult to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts