Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

more 6.0 issues....

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
WELL I MAY HAVE SCREWED UP NOW! I REMOVED FICM AND RESOLDERED AS INSTRUCTED IN FORUM AND PLUGGED IT UP AND WHEN I TURN THE KEY OVER IT DOESNT BUZZ, HISS, SPIT, FART......NOTHING! NO READINGS ON VOLT METER EITHER! I DID NOT PULL IT BACK OFF AND CHECK TO MAKE SURE PLUGS WERE PLUGGED IN FULLY BECAUSE I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS THING THIS WEEK! I ALSO DID NOT UNHOOK BATTERY CABLES BEFORE I REMOVED FICM AND THINK THAT MAY ALSO BE A PROBLEM AS WELL (FUSES?) ANYWAY, TOMORROW AFTERNOON I WILL REPULL IT AND CHECK CONNECTORS AND IF GOOD THEN LOOK FOR FUSE THAT MAY BE BLOWN? DONT KNOW, AND ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON THIS DAMN THING!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ALSO, I HAD BATTERIES REPLACED ON MONDAY AS A SCANNER SAID THEY WERE BAD AND WENT AHEAD AND DID IT. THEY WERE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD AND COST ME NOTHING TO REPLACE SO I DID THAT. STILL HAD SKIPPING PROBLEMS, ANYWAY, BEFORE I TESTED FICM I CHECKED VOLTAGE ON BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR AND BOTH WERE ABOVE AVERAGE!

I

·
0 Posts
You may have an open wire in one of the plugs to the FICM.. Make sure you didn't bend one of the pins..

·
I'm not a Newb!
100 Posts
yea they snap in pretty tight and you must hear 2 clicks when seating them cause there is a spring tab on both sides of each connector.... hope that fixes it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had a 6.0 that was under powered big time turned out the nipple on the intake to the map sensor was plugged with black egr crap.

Is it making boost? If not unplug map sensor then see if power is any better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok, i know its been awhile but here goes.... i replaced all 8 injectors....sinister EGR delete kit.....when turbo was off went ahead and split it in half and cleaned the vanes and plate and anything that the forum said to do.... put it all back together, got two hundred yards up the road and clack clack clack (like spark knock noise) really really loud! instant white smoke from under hood and out of exhaust...immediately cut truck off and coasted to side of road. checked dipstick and white creamy substance on dipstick. i assume water?! just for my own punishments sake tried to turn key over to a grinding noise from in motor. i immediately stopped and pushed truck back into garage and let sit till this morning, was walking by and figured if i already screwed it up that it wouldn't hurt to try and turn it over again. well i did and it turned over for 7-10 seconds cleanly until that dreaded grinding noise and immediately stopped and shut the door(went on to work!)
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED NOW? as you can tell by the time line i took my time and at least think that everything went back together correctly and was torqued to specs and so forth.. im exhausted from this damn thing and cant get rid of it due to my divorce papers....dont ask! need some real help with this one... thinking it may really be screwed this time and will have to pull it and possibly put one of those mamba motors in it! help help help!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds to me that you need to take and hook up a long chain and drag it to a big hill and push like hell.Then call the insurance company. Just my thoughts.LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
id love too, but the only luck i seem to have is bad luck!!! i would certainly get caught for that and would be pissed off in jail figuring how to get out of that fine, and not to mention i wouldnt be able to ever get insurance again and i would be out of a truck......any other ideas???? push rods? valves? pistons?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
id love to unstroke it as well, but i think worse case scenario would be to drop a black mamba in it versus the other. just dont want to get rid of it if its something simple... if anybody else has replaced this stuff and got up the road to have it blow smoke or make that grinding noise... i know im not the only one!

·
Registered
236 Posts
You didn't by chance have a cylinder filled with water from the egr and bend a rod. I had alot of water pour out of my manifold when I did the delete on it.
I know how you feel mine is broke right now too its a lemon the engine shoulda been painted yellow from the factory. I wish I had the money to drop a old 5.9 cummins in it I know where one is I could get just don't have the cash for the parts to swap it. Hope you get it figured out it sux to have a 50k dollar truck that don't run.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i dont think i did, i removed all injectors and replaced them before i started with egr delete kit. i looked in all holes before installing injectors and it looked pretty dry to me, a little residual but nothing that i wouldve worried about. when i took the oil rail off i didnt notice any signicant amount of fluid leaking from it either. i am going to try and remove glow plugs today but my biggest conern is that grinding noise i heard initially... removed all oil and coolant and will replace with new today before i turn truck over to exspell any fluids from glow plugs. that damn grinding noise concerns me the most.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Check ur oil for metal shavings when u change it if you got a magnet let the oil run over it while draining. Other than that I don't know what to tell ya I didn't run into that problem when I did the egr delete and a few injectors. I don't know if it would make a difference but I refilled my oil rails with clean oil when I reinstalled them using the little plug on top of em and a syringe.

Did you drop anything down into the intake manifold when u had it apart?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts