Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought the truck outta storage early this year and its been colder than it usually is here. but when the truck sit in 60 degree weather i think it would fire and be okay. it has been taking 5 minutes idle to warm up and 10 minutes of driving after that to stop misfiring. i figured the glow plugs were gettin weak but the truck only got 60k on it. and now with the rough idle and misfiring issue, i noticed when i try to get to speed, the truck smokes a blueish, white(alot of smoke) i think its not burning the fuel. i never had an issue like this before with it and since im waiting for my new programmer, i have been using the edge evolution. not only do i want it off of the truck, im not sure it is helping my issues either. im not quite fluent with diesels yet, but i wouldnt think its injectors because it clears itself out after about 15 minutes. i dont have a clue what it is and thats what im here for...help...haha! anyone had anything like this or what could it be?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sounds like dead or sticking injectors. Maybe try some of that Rev-X stuff to see if it helps. If it doesn't it might be time to replace some injectors...

·
Registered
427 Posts
When my '06 F-350 with 85k miles started having some of the symptoms you described (a lot of smoke at idle and clouds of gray/blue smoke when trying to accelerate) it ended up being the FICM was going bad (low voltage).

·
-Adam
7 Posts
I would say it is either injectors or the FICM. I had the same problem with my 04, and it turned out to be the FICM. I bought a new one off ebay for $450, and had Bill from PHP flash it. Now the truck runs better than it ever has.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna try a few things tommorrow and see what happens... i know for sure i can and might jus fix the problem saturday... thinkin i might trade it in for a new 6.4 lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts