Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's cool that they'll reflash at the dealership after you buy one to get the power increase, instead of being SOL.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
fFord made it through w/o becoming a divison of government motors. So power numbers blah blah......I think they already proved their the best plus I would like to take both trucks with what they are rated at and put them on a dyno and saw who was overrating and who was underrated b/c god knows gm is famous for the first one.

Ford could of come out and said that their motor was making 5000hp and the next day gm would announce....ohhh yea ours is making 5005hp. :blah:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hell Ya! I think im begining to want one. People always say it isnt always about coming in first. What the hell do they know. :ford::rockwoot:

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
that's it boys! keep it up Ford!! I knew they wouldn't sit back and take it for long

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I think it's kind of silly personally. It's a pick-up truck people!

I'm a Ford guy but realistically the GM weighs 1200#s less, it's going to be a better accelerating, better stopping, and more fuel efficient truck unless the Ford suddenly drops some serious weight.

Does the 6.7 use a composite graphite block and head btw?

·
Registered
861 Posts
block yes is CGI

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm a Ford guy but realistically the GM weighs 1200#s less, it's going to be a better accelerating, better stopping, and more fuel efficient truck unless the Ford suddenly drops some serious weight.

With GM going to a fully boxed frame, I'd guess that they're not that light anymore. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Id still rather have my heavy A$$ FORD then crappy government motors truck anyday because we all know the only reason GMs ratings are higher is because ford posted their numbers first!:ford::ford:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
I was talking to a Ford rep at The Mid -america truck show on sat and he said 420hp and 800+ FT lbs. who knows, maybe blowing smoke up my azz. But how ugly are the dually fenders:doh:

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts

With GM going to a fully boxed frame, I'd guess that they're not that light anymore. Just a guess though.
:whs:

I use my truck for actual work, not just pulling my $70k boat to the lake(note I don't have a boat, just example). I would rather it had the extra weight, just means everything is just built for more abuse before it fails.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I was talking to a Ford rep at The Mid -america truck show on sat and he said 420hp and 800+ FT lbs. who knows, maybe blowing smoke up my azz. But how ugly are the dually fenders:doh:
Agreed! But I wouldn't buy a dually, I don't need one. Problem solved! LOL

Worst case if you did need a dually, you could always swap an older SD bed onto it.

Dave

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Agreed! But I wouldn't buy a dually, I don't need one. Problem solved! LOL

Worst case if you did need a dually, you could always swap an older SD bed onto it.

Dave
Yeah, I have to have a dually for work, first thing I thought was removal of the barrels and putting on old style fenders on, but at $1000 a pop without paint, I would probably just have to get used to it. :doh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts