Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I know its hard to diagnose a prob w/o actually seeing,feeling or hearing it. I'm just looking for some possible problems.

The truck is a 95 f 350 w/ an e4od, the problem is it doesn't always want to shift out of first gear. Once it does shift it feels fine and goes through the rest of gears fine.

It doesn't always do this though, sometimes it will shift normal and firm others, it will not want to shift and once it does, it slides into gear more than shifts into gear.

And the od light does not flash..

And ideas would be great thanx.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing that may help is that my Speedo bounces.... I've put a dif. Sensor in the rear (used) didn't change. Tried replacing the pug on speed sensor and still bounces. Is there a speed sensor on the tranny?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
There is no speed sensor on the trans. The one on the rear axle is where the signal comes from.

As I recall these trucks have a device in the instrument cluster called a PSOM. It takes the signal from the axle sensor and turns it into a speed signal. They are know for causing all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Maybe ill swap it w/ another one I have and see what happens. Local tranny guy said it is slipping.... But I towed a tractor 2day grossing at probably 16,000lbs and once it would shift it would pull fine. I would expect it to slip all the time if it was actually slipping....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, good color. and no its not the orig. i swaped my 460 for the 7.3 last spring.

i had the tranny rebuilt about 5 yrs ago when a bearing went out. when i swaped motors i had the local tranny guy swap out the internals of the 2 trannys since mine was in better shape and the diesel tranny had to be made into a 4x4 tranny.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another thing, i tried swaping out the switch on the shifter on the side of the tranny 2night, and it still didnt want to shift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts