Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well After being sent home "for a few days" from work on monday, I called in and was told they are layin 15 of us off tomorrow when we pick up our checks. I worked for Conex Maintenance at Motiva for the past 3 years as a boilermaker. So now I am on the search again to hopefully find something quick so Christmas can happen for my kids.

If any of you know of anyone hiring, please let me know.

:(

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Well After being sent home "for a few days" from work on monday, I called in and was told they are layin 15 of us off tomorrow when we pick up our checks. I worked for Conex Maintenance at Motiva for the past 3 years as a boilermaker. So now I am on the search again to hopefully find something quick so Christmas can happen for my kids.

If any of you know of anyone hiring, please let me know.

:(
Good Luck man. Worst time of the year to get laid off too.

I hope you find something quick!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Everything is gonna be real slow right now, but in Jan. it will start picking back up again. All these plants just got their budgets in..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try JV Piping and JV Industrial. Also Ohmstede, TIS, and I'll call some guys I used to work with when I did that and see if anyone is hiring.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
I know some guys that worked at Conex that just got laid off

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would try KBR (they are out at DuPont in Orange and Beaumont, not sure where else) and also try Turner.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Are you looking for boilermaker work or just any work. I have a couple psn'rs that work for me. I might be able to help you out.

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
i work for Turner. they claim we are slow until feb or march at the earliest.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
Give Derry Berry a call.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and offers of help. I haven't been able to get on here to update this, but last thursday morning I got a call to come back to work. They got me working in the lab @ Motiva indeffinately! Prayer really does work!

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I was going to say they are looking into hireing more people were I work. But looks like you are good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts