Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like everyone's input on a turbo I'm thinking about.
Now my truck is a 06 and it gets used for towing only. The only thing I run is matts 8000 lb tow tune. I would like to get rid of the stock vgt and go to a s259 billet batmowheel bullseye turbo. I know you guys will recommend the 62 but keep in mind I will always be running stock injectors and I want to have really fast spool up. The turbo comes with a open .70 exaust housing.
What is everyone opinion on it. Would it spool down low like the stocker??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh ya , I wanted to add a diverter valve but you can't get a divided housing in the .70 a/r. Do you think it would be allright?
The only reason I ask is I had a turbonetics t58 stg1 on there and the performance on the highway once the converter was locked sucked.
Waiting on your guys thoughts.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I dont recommend non VGT with a truck that goin to tow... People have no idea how great the VGT is to get these trucks going...

·
Registered
922 Posts
honestly i bet you would be happy with a powermax and have matt update the tunes for the powermax

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
So why do you want to get rid of the VGT if you are going to tow? Is it because the vanes may or do stick? If so just clean the turbo and call it a day. JMO

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
just get a powermax and add the batmowheel to it. I don't think you're gonna want a non vgt with stock sticks if you tow

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just get a powermax and add the batmowheel to it. I don't think you're gonna want a non vgt with stock sticks if you tow
I just love the sound of a non vgt and the simplicity of it.
I guess I thought with all the new technology out there now( bat wheel, diverted valves ect) it might be possible to make it work.
But my luck I would spend all that money then end up puting the stock one back on.
I guess I could get a power max with the bat wheel. I just know my wife will freek when she has to pick up the kids from school and everybody's pluging there ears as she pulls into the parking lot. LOL!!
Thanks for the replys guys , wow and I only posted this an hour ago!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
no problem. and put a silverline muffler on or something like that it should quiet it down a bit until you get on it. and the batmo will make it spool faster and just all around better. i bet you will love that set up!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem. and put a silverline muffler on or something like that it should quiet it down a bit until you get on it. and the batmo will make it spool faster and just all around better. i bet you will love that set up!
That's true, I guess I could always throw a flowmaster hush power on there.
That should keep her quiet , and the truck too!! Haha
Thanks ya the more I think about it the powermax is the most bang for your buck. Even with the bat wheel it's about a grand cheaper!

·
Registered
922 Posts
we just saved you big time. now the wife cant complain about you saving a grand, so now you get a muffler and save her from complaining and the truck will stay quieter too. all around your doing good!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we just saved you big time. now the wife cant complain about you saving a grand, so now you get a muffler and save her from complaining and the truck will stay quieter too. all around your doing good!
Ya it's deffinatly a win win. Thanks again. !

·
Registered
922 Posts
haha no prob any time thats what we are here for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts