441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i am waiting for a call back bout my TN BB Turbo gotta question

whats the benefits of ridding ebpv?

i dont plan are goin much more than mild injectors if that matters

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Lower back pressure, quicker spool, lower EGT's and if you get the pedistal too less chance of oil leaks.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the dealer was out of high flow outlets
so i am trying to contemplate if i really would benefit from the delete
i guess its alwasys doable down the road

·
Registered
911 Posts
Do I need a EBPV up here in the colder climates. It doesn't get real cold here in detroit, but many mornings are single digit temps. Or will a high idle tune from DP do the same thing

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
but you loose a poor mans exhust brake ability...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Do I need a EBPV up here in the colder climates. It doesn't get real cold here in detroit, but many mornings are single digit temps. Or will a high idle tune from DP do the same thing
Well the temps in Ann Arbor are not too much different from "Detroit". I have not missed my EBPV at all. In fact, I seem to warm up much faster without it and the coolant filter bypassing the thermostat. :doh:

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
The OE high idle feature still works on mine with the EBPV removed. I also have a new Garrett non EBPV outlet plate that I would sell.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i wonderin'
here in helena aint so bad low 10's high singles
but home in sidney neg. 20's pretty common

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Mines been gone for about a year now. I miss the brake a bit, but spool up is better, EGT's are down... I like it!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
thats what i wonderin'
If I ever see -20 again, I'm movin. That's why I moved to TX in the first place.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just removed mine, and it gets to -20 here in the winter, but I won't see that cold again until next winter... So far it seems to warm up quicker, spool a bit faster as well. Can't comment on the EGT's, as I think I might have a leak yet...

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just removed mine, and it gets to -20 here in the winter, but I won't see that cold again until next winter... So far it seems to warm up quicker, spool a bit faster as well. Can't comment on the EGT's, as I think I might have a leak yet...
well if bwd dont have the housin' by the time they get a TN BB in stock (hopefully tom.) i ll have to wait

guh.....pickup has been down since friday and already havin withdrawls :(

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you check to see if Dennis at ITP has them, or pure diesel?
pure diesel is out of stock
itp i am not sure but dont sell TN turbos
kinda wanted to stay with one vendor

·
Braaaaaaaaaaaap
270 Posts
I need an exhaust brake to slow my truck down some more when towing... So I'm going to have my hi-flow outlet machined to accept a butterfly valve and re-install a non gutted pedestal. I'm hoping the larger outlet will keep egt's in check with a butterfly in there. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you put the non-ebpv pedistal on, will you throw a code and if so, is there something to get rid of the code? Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
thats what i wonderin'
These temps are exactly why I got rid of my EBPV on both of my PSD's. I took a 400 mile road trip below zero temps and my EBPV stayed on at least 80% of the time and I got a whopping 11 mpg on the trip instead of the usual 16. It only took one of those trips (with fuel prices the way they are) to pay for the winter fronts that I now run. With the winter fronts I get all the advantages of the completely open exhaust in summer (year 'round, really) and the engine (and cab heat) stays nice and warm in the winter and still gets it's usual 16 mpg - even when it's below zero.

:ford:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts